Monday 2 December 2019

Art Journal Journey - Words and Numbers

Happy December Everyone!

Here is my art journal calendar for December, with lots of words and numbers, so it's perfect for Yvonne's challenge at Art Journal Journey.


I started with a collage background of old book page scraps, a receipt, and I think there is part of a magazine too.


I used some red paint with a Carabelle Studio number stencil. I stamped December with a PaperArtsy alphabet stamp set, and stencilled 2019 with the Carabelle numbers stencil, then outlined with a black pen.


For the holly shapes, I stamped the holly (from an Artemio stamp set), cut out the larger holly to make a stencil, then stencilled with green paint. I added black outlines and red paint berries. I also stamped the holly sprig in each corner.

I hand-wrote the day numbers, and finished with white paint pen splatters.


Wishing you a great new week,

Alison xox

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful calendar Alison, have a great month, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, a fantastic calendar spread Alison!
    Susi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a treat. I always say you put my calendar page to shame. This two page spread is simply stunning. I LOVE the holly and the splatters that remind me of snow flakes. Thanks for sharing this with us using Yvonne's theme at Art Journal Journey, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holly is perfect for the month, and I like your design :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous festive calendar journal spread for December and perfect for the new theme at Art Journal Journey. . Thank you so much for creating this wonderful spread and linking it to AJJ Alison.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very clever use of the holly leaves Alison. Love this fun december calendar! hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful festive calender pages! I love the collage background with the numbers and pretty holly leaves - perfect 😁. Happy December! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. The use of the holly as each day makes for a great calendar this December, love those little pops of red numbers, it really compliments the green.
    Happy December Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous Alison! Love the holly! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.