Tuesday 3 December 2019

Kasia's Advent Calendar 2019 - Day One

Morning Everyone!

Kasia of Everything Art is holding her FREE Advent Calendar art journaling challenge again, and I enjoyed it so much last year, I'm joining in again. It's not about learning techniques, but about allowing ourselves a little bit of creative time in the busy run up to Christmas, with daily prompts and meditations.

We also use limited supplies, choosing a colour palette with different mediums, and keeping them at hand in a box, so that we don't have to spend precious time searching for things to use. I chose turquoise, red, olive green and gold, which are favourite colours of mine. I'm using a journal that I made myself too.


So here's my day one page. The prompt was to make a little postcard with what you wish for, and write yourself a message on the back.



Wishing you a happy and creative day,

Alison xox

10 comments:

  1. That's going to be quite the challenge, Alison. I look forward to seeing your art as you create these over this month. I like your limited color palette, too. Thanks for sharing this powerful entry with us at Art Journal Journey using Yvonne's theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page, have fun doing yet another challenge! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds a real interesting challenge, having a prompt and a supply box to hand sounds a good idea.
    I love your journal page today and those meaningful words. Thank you for linking this fantastic page to y theme choice at Art journal Journey.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice idea. I did a similar thing last year but premade up the journal so I could write in anything I wanted or not wanted per page. Your page is great and it will be fun to see your collection as you go. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fun challenge to participate in this month! The colour palette looks gorgeous and how exciting to be using the journal that you made too 😁. Wishing you a happy week! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a wonderful challenge for Dec. You are off to a great start.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this, Alison. You've managed to get lots of detail on it, despite it looking relatively clean and white. Great art!
    Can't believe you're attempting another challenge so close to Christmas, though, lol.
    Cath x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to see you have also signed up for this Alison, I was lucky to have been given a reminder this year so threw everything in a box ready. Fabulous chosen words and colour palette, i'm hoping to share mine over the weekend, keep your fingers crossed I can keep up.. Warmest of Hugs Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this Alison- I so wanted to do this challenge this year but there's so much to do still - hopefully next year- meanwhile I am enjoying seeing your pages! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another great prompt. I like this a lot.
    Cath x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.