Tuesday 10 December 2019

Kasia's Advent Calendar - Day 9 - Breathe

Here's my page for Kasia's Advent Calendar Day 9, the theme was Breathe.


We were asked to do simple breathing exercise and meditation, breathe in for 4 counts, hold for 4 counts, and breathe out for 8 counts. Then to make a some art. I started with a book page from a bird book, then used my fingers to apply paint. I used a pinecone to make white marks, my finger to make green ones on RH side. I used Dina Wakley Scribble sticks for writing and red marks, and splatters of dark blue. A black gel pen was used to highlight words and add scribbles.


Thanks for the visit,

Alison xx

8 comments:

  1. Lovely page, and I'm sure the breathing helped. Hugs Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those words look etched the way you've done them, Alison. Love the birds, great addition. Sometimes we need to refocus on just breathing again, that's a definite! I should've read this yesterday, when going for a minor procedure! Maybe I'll be able to visit blogs a little more now if it works... I'll try to catch up on the rest of your Advent pages. Happy Tuesday!
    Cath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a super idea to highlight the words, I like the way you added the birds at the bottom, its a fantastic page.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, so many fabulous entries for this Challenge! This is a beautiful page and painting with your fingers is always fun ...lol 😀. Wishing you a wonderful week! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The breathing meditation sounds like it might unlock creativity when directly followed by the art. I especially like those dark blue "splatter" elements.

    ReplyDelete
  6. to paint a decidedly great page with your fingers and set your inner freedom to paint with your breath!!!
    great journal!
    Greeting Elke

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the little birds on your page. And that fabulous colored paint too-they work together so well. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  8. Been offline for over a day due to internet and phone being out. Had to stop by and see this incredible entry, though. You are keeping up SO well, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.