Wednesday 3 August 2022

August Art Journal Calendar

Hello Everyone. Happy August to you all.

Here's my art journal calendar spread for the new month.

I started with torn pieces of collage fodder that I recently made. I added some pieces of green crepe paper. Then I stamped the numbers with Prussian Blue acrylic paint, and the tiny circles with white acrylic and a piece of Lego.

On gessoed book pages, I stamped my hand-carved birds, stamped the titles with Darkroom Door Alphas & Numbers, and used a lid to stamp the journaling circles, added some splatters of Prussian Blue acrylic, then cut them all out and glued them to the pages.  



I'm linking my pages to Chris' When We Were Young challenge at Art Journal Journey. I got the Ornithology bug as a young teen, and used to head to the local woods early on a Saturday morning with my binoculars.

Before I go, here's my July calendar, with its windows all filled in.


Thank you so much for visiting. I'll be coming over to catch up with your blogs now. Blogger seems to have given up on sending notifications of anyone's posts now!

Alison

11 comments:

  1. Fabulous calendar/journal pages love the backgrounds and that you show the pages all filled in,I always use my reading list for comments
    .
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice calendar spreads, a great idea to illustrate dates with circles.
    Inspiring August xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh this is so cool. You create the best journal calendars. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fun take on Chris challenge Alison. It seems lots of us who like birds got the bug young in life. And that is probably also true for crafting too. Smile. Hope August is treating you well so far, and thanks for sharing your calendar with us at AJJ also. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your calendars are always amazing, a joy to see! Thanks for joining us at AJJ, Alison! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elizabeth asked me to pass on this info: Bleubeard and Elizabeth are still unable to access her computer but want you to know they are not avoiding you and will visit once they are back online.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both calendars look great Alison but what intrigued me was the stamping with Lego. Now why did I never think of that - great idea and result.
    Love the colours you used. Perfect shade of blue for that green.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh! Love this! My Dad passed on his love of birdwatching to me. Thanks for linking to my AJJ theme. Love the colours on both pages, hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Alison I really love the colors in your August calendar spread. Very cool how you recycled things to stamp with. I use Follow It and have not gotten a couple of email notifications but it says I'm following them when I check. Too many peeps on holidays is my thought, heehee. Stay cool and crafty! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. great job to fix this beautiful, useful Journal :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving your August journal pages! There is such a cool look and feel to them with the colours you chose, so summery and relaxing 😊. I hope you're having a great week and Happy August! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.