Saturday 20 August 2022

More Seaside Memories

 Hi Everyone. Happy Saturday!

I have another two pages to share today, made for Elle of Empire of the Cat's Journal August challenge.

Day 17 - Black & White. I had a good rummage in my collage fodder box for this one.


Here's a closer look at the button. You may remember that I made it on the Collage Fodder course a while ago.


Day 18 - Sand/Castle. Another happy beach memory. My sandcastles always had to have a moat, a few shells to decorate them, and some paper flags from the beach promenade shops. I used some Crafty Individuals' beach stamps for the quote, shells and starfish.



I'm linking my sandcastle page to Chris' When We Were Young theme at Art Journal Journey.

Thanks for visiting,

Alison

8 comments:

  1. Alison, your b&w page is great! Your fodder makes are terrific, especially I love the button! And your childhood memory of building sand castles on the beach is fun to read about. I can imagine your castles were magnificent. I love the torn papers for the ocean and sand. I see the white sea foam in the torn paper edges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both great Alison, but the colors on your second seaside page really caught my eye. That does really feel like the ocean.I love the flags on your sand castle too. Thanks for another share for Chris' challenge at AJJ. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous pages for Elle's fun challenge! Loving the layers on the black and white page and the sandcastles look fab with those flags 😊. I hope you've had a lovely week, happy weekend! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this one Alison and I really like the colours of your sand! Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had me at Collage Fodder. Your button turned out great. I'm still looking for the right size button.

    Both pages turned out great and I am so impressed with the sand castles you created. It's a wonderful entry for Chris's theme at Art Journal Journey, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are both fantastic! Loving the black and white page and the sand castle page is perfect for my AJJ theme! Yes, always a moat and then the wait for the tide to come in, fill the moat and eventually wash away the castle altogether, hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool button and love the quote on the first one. Love the way you layered the sand, sea and sky on the second one and sweet memory. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really really love the sand castles page. I would have loved to see one of your sand castles with its moat, decorations and flags.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.