Sunday 14 August 2022

And...Relax

 Hello All.

I thought I'd try and join in with Elle of Empire of the Cat's August Journal Challenge. It's been going for a couple of weeks, so I decided I'd start with Elle's Day 13 prompt of 'Relax'.

My favourite way to relax is with a good book. I've been reading a lot lately, with the weather being so hot.

I made myself a junk journal to work in, using collage fodder, envelopes and junk mail for my pages, with a cardboard cover. 

The music sheet page already had blue paint on it. I added some torn teabag paper, doll images from a magazine, then some hand-drawn books and my stamped words.

I've loved reading books since I was very young, Enid Blyton was my favourite author back then. Nowadays it's Jojo Moyes, Victoria Hyslop, Diana Gabaldon, Ken Follett, Barbara Erskine, Kate Mosse, amongst many others.

I'm also linking my page to Chris' When We Were Young theme at Art Journal Journey.

Thanks for visiting me today,

Alison

11 comments:

  1. Great journal page and love your hand drawn books-I read for a couple of hours every night in bed
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this page, Alison. I share some of your favourite authors too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hot weather and reading go hand in hand , don’t they? And you like some really great authors too. This is a fun page- I’m loving your book drawings. Thanks for sharing with us at AJJ for Chris’ challenge. This is perfect! Have a great start to the new week. Hugs Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. you created a wonder page or book? Either way it is lovely. Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully composed layout. Nice idea, as well.
    Have the happy week ahead xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun to make a junk journal for the challenge. Lovely reading-lover page! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your journal page. Books have been my constant companions since I was 3. Have afun with tis challenge! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a very clever entry. I love how you drew the pages, but you had me at collage fodder. LOVE it. Thanks also for sharing this with us at Art Journal Journey using Chris's theme.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love your books on this page Alison, thanks for joining in. Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fabulous page that's perfect for my AJJ theme and brings back memories of waiting for the latest Enid Blyton to be published! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fun page and your books look fabulous! I have found memories of books when I was young too 😊. Take care! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.