Thursday 25 August 2022

Poems and Postmarks

 Hello Everyone!

This week seems to have whizzed by! Thank you so much for all your recent comments. I only got around to reading and publishing them today. I wish Blogger would notify me that I have comments, like it used to!

I have a couple more pages to share for Elle/Empire of the Cat's Journal August challenge.

Day 21 - Poem. 

I sketched the deer, and I'm quite pleased with how it turned out. It reminds me of when we would take the children to see the deer, and collect chestnuts at a local park. I'm therefore linking this page to Chris' When we were young theme at Art Journal Journey.


Day 22 - Postmark. I'm glad I saved those postage stamps now :-)


Thanks so much for visiting,

Alison

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful pages, both of them- Postage stamps are always good! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both wonderful. Your deer is unbelievable. You could send the drawing to a stamp company and have it turned into a rubber (not acrylic) stamp. There are places that do that. The design is so good, they might even want to buy it from you. Of course, I also love your collage fodder and how you used it in both journal pages. Fabulous art, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The deer page is so wonderful and love layers on your postmark page. So lovely!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fantastic Alison. What a wonderful deer sketch. And I am loving those colors. I also love all the layering and colors with your stamp and postmark page. I like using stamps on art pages. Yes, this week has flown, as has August as a whole. Have a great rest of your week. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like both pages but that stag you drew - fabulous! I had no idea you could draw like that. More of your drawing please.
    `Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are beautiful, Allison but my favorite today is the first one. Have a very nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both great pages and I love that deer! I would love to see more drawings :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous pages love the stamps and the Deer is amazing
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a nice textual feel to both collages and I'm blown away by your fabulous sketch! Yes, please do more of those! XOX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Time really is passing so quickly! Your deer is a fine specimen-so beautifully sketched. It's a great page for my AJJ theme- thank you for sharing!

    Loving the postage stamp page too! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.