Sunday 21 August 2022

Journal August Days 19 & 20

 Hello All.

I hope you're having a good weekend. I had a busy day yesterday, cleaning out the guinea pig and tortoises, but I found time in the afternoon to catch up with Elle/Empire of the Cat's Journal August challenge. I made these two pages.

Day 19 - Compass. 

I used a Tim Holtz compass stamp on a glassine envelope, with some bits and pieces from my collage fodder box. I made a little tag to pop in the envelope.



Day 20 - Journey. 

I started to rip up a local map page to start this page off, then spotted that the restaurant (The Knowle) where we had our wedding meal 31 years ago was on the map. This inspired me to use a wedding theme for my page, with the quote 'The wedding day is only the start of a life-long journey'. 

I outlined The Knowle with a black pen, it's about two thirds down the right-hand side of my page. 😊


Obviously I was quite a lot younger when we were wed, so I'm linking my wedding page to Chris' When we were young theme at Art Journal Journey.

Thanks for visiting, and I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Alison

7 comments:

  1. These are great Alison. I love the glassine envelope with the compass. I'd forgotten about those. Funny how some bits and pieces are popular for awhile and then we move onto something else. And your wedding page is terrific. That quote is fun, as where your page idea came from. Hope you're having a wonderful weekend and thanks for sharing these with us at AJJ for Chris' challenge. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous journal pages,love the little glassine envelope,wedding pic and great sentiment
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these. I am always so impressed with your art. Hope you are having a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely wonderful Alison! I love your compass page! You were clearly meant to find that restaurant name - you certainly made a great page with that lovely memory of your wedding day. Thanks for sharing for my theme at AJJ, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was SURE I left a comment here. I remember seeing the recycled corrugated cardboard and I was sure I mentioned it, along with the lovely compass. I love the layers you created for the wedding page. So well done, and a great idea for Chris's theme at Art Journal Journey, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful composition and messages. How cool you found The Knowles on the map, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two fab pages |Alison. I love the wedding photo (not you obviously) and congratulations on 31 years of happy married life.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.