Saturday 2 October 2021

More LifeBook Taster Classes

 Hello Everyone! I hope you're all having a good weekend. It hasn't stopped raining here today, and we got very wet walking down for our annual flu jabs.

I have some more LifeBook art to share with you today.

A colourful watercolour cow with Cinnamon Cooney. I used Cinnamon's template and traced the cow onto my paper, then went over it with a black waterproof ink pen. Then I went mad with the watercolour paint. Of course I had to add some of my signature paint splashes.


Kim Dellow had us making lots of marks and doodles on two pages with paint, pencils and pens. We had to keep to one colour on the sheets. Then we made templates to place over the pages to find a cohesive design, and cut out a postcard, bookmark and heart. Unfortunately I forgot to take a photo before I cut my pages up.


Melanie Rivers' class 'Between The Boundaries' showed us how to create a face with a white side and black side. I really enjoyed this one!


And finally for today, Iris Fritschi-Cussons showed us how to create some worry stones with polymer clay, acrylic paint, and paint pens. I love how these turned out.


I hope to be back tomorrow with my October calendar pages. It was dark by the time I finished them today, and to be honest today's heavy rain has made it so dark all flipping day!

Thanks for dropping by,

Alison

8 comments:

  1. Been raining all day here too today and really cold even got the heating on!All fabulous but really love the colourful splattered cow.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a nice variety of classes. You've had some fun time creating. Wouldn't rainbow cows be exciting? And that black and white face is very intriguing. Thanks for showing us all your fun art Alison. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are getting a LOT out of these taster classes. I admit I've read everything, watched the videos, but that is all I've accomplished. I may find time after the event to reread my notes, but for now, all I can seem to manage is to find time to watch at least part of each video. I love what you have done so far and they are all great examples from this Taster series. I like how it had something besides painting, too with the use of poly clay. I really liked Kim's doodles, but I'm no good at it. I am sincerely impressed with how you accomplished all these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work Alison. I am slowly getting on with my pieces, too, must blog some more soon! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear you on the rain Alison, I had the lights on in my studio all day, it seemed dark from the time I got up :( Great work on the taster sessions, I have only done two so far - started with the ones that looked quickest lol (Eulalia and Kim Dellow's) - but hope to get more done today Elle xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, love it all. Your water coloring on the cow is fab. All the classes sound very interesting. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many different wonderful art, Alison! I like the writing for hair on the b&w woman.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. You take so many classes - I am so jealous!! All your creations are wonderful and fun! Especially love the b/w face and that colorful cow! Fun, fun, fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.