Thursday 7 October 2021

52 Weeks Art Journal - Week 40 - Sunday Morning

Hello All.

Here's my Sunday Morning page for week 40 of Raspberry Blue Sky's 52 Weeks Art Journal challenge.

My Sunday mornings involve an early walk, then after breakfast it's our church zoom service. The church has opened up again, but fortunately they are still showing it online for us vulnerable folks.


My page started with some torn collage fodder, then I used oil pastel pencils to sketch Autumn trees and leaves for our walk, and a cross to symbolise church. I wrote the title with black and white ink, then finished with black and white ink splatters.

I'm linking my page to Tracey's October Colours theme at Art Journal Journey

Some of you asked about the hedgehogs on my last art journal page. They were indeed the stamps that I carved myself. 

Thanks for visiting today,

Alison

6 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous page again Alison. I always enjoy seeing what you make. Thanks so much for sharing with us at AJJ. I see the colors of October, perfect for Tracey's challenge. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before moved we used to walk through a lovely park to church (when the weather was right).
    We have to drive there now - or rather would if we felt it was safe - still not sure when we will get back. I love this page, looks like a great Autumn morning! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely page, and the colours are perfect for AJJ! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the THIRD time I've tried to leave a comment. Blogger keeps giving me an error message. Regardless, what a glorious way to spend Sunday morning, Alison. First a lovely walk in the country, then worship time. Your use of collage is fabulous. I adore the cross, but I also really LOVE the way you used marks to symbolize what you discovered on your walk. Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Art Journal Journey using Tracey's theme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really love how you used some of those previous pages in your collage a nice reflection of your Sundays, they sound so peaceful and relaxing. Thanks for informing us about the hedgehog stamp, he's a real cutie.
    Thanks again for joining me this month @ AJJ.
    Happy creative Hugs Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful collaged page love all the sketches for what you see on your walks
    Craol x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.