Saturday 30 October 2021

Christmas Card Time

 Hello again all!

It's that time of year again! I've been making a start on my Christmas cards.

Here's what I've made so far...

The Madonna and Child image is an old Artistic Stamper stamp, no longer available. I used water-soluble crayons to add colour. 

The holly is hand-drawn over watercolour on one, and on the bottom one I painted the holly, then added sketchy black pen outlines. Lots of splatters on all of them naturally. 

I made a few of each of these 3 designs.


And here are some baubles that I painted with watercolour, then added paint pen doodled designs, and black pen outlines on some.


I made some with warm colours too. I spent a fun evening doodling in front of the TV.


Wishing you all a happy weekend. Thanks for dropping in.

Alison

11 comments:

  1. Good morning, Loving your Christmas cards-I made cards too-fun Happy weekend and Halloween Hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all fabulous, Alison! No wonder your hand hurts! Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cards and love the loose watercolouring and beautiful bauble cards
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so very lovely, Alison! I really love the little details on the Christmas ornaments.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not quite ready to think about Christmas yet, but I sure love your cards. They are fabulous. Those baubles are fantastic, but they actually made my hand hurt, so I'm surprised you can even move yours now. All are incredibly lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth. I made sure to take my time over these cards, so fortunately my hand was ok. However I did a lot of stamping on Friday, which caused a bit of pain 🙄

      Delete
  6. I am SO happy you are doing AEDM this year, dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so pleased that you reminded me Elizabeth. I've signed up for the Gratitude Junk Journal class again, which starts tomorrow, so that will get me off to a good start 😊

      Delete
  7. These are inspired and beautiful cards Alison. You've been busy! I can't say I'm ready for Christmas card making yet, I have to do some cleaning ASAP, but if you post more you'll start to get me excited about it. Have a wonderful end of the weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Christmas cards! I love the holly painting and the brightly coloured baubles - perfect 😀. I hope you've had a lovely weekend and wishing you a happy new week! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What pretty cards! And sketching! I'm Pinning this as it's a wonderfully simple effective tutorial for making cards in a CAS fashion that look artistic. Love it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.