Sunday 10 October 2021

More Life Book Art

 Happy Sunday Everyone!

Here are a few more pieces of Life Book art.

Holly McLaughlin - Mindful Art. I'm not really into meditation in art, but I did enjoy creating this abstract piece, and adding all of the marks.


Emma Petitt - This class blew me away. Using a magazine image for reference, we painted in the shading first in a very abstract way, then added the facial outlines and details. I love how this turned out, and I'll try this technique again. I had to add some splashes of paint, just to make it my own 😉


Dyan Reaveley - Art Journaling with Prompts. On top of a simple painted background (I used a Gelli Plate to create mine), we cut some small phrases from magazines, then wrote in some thoughts relating to them. To hide the journaling a little, I created a flap, and added some of my hand-carved stamp creatures. I'm linking this page to Tracey's My Favourite Colour Is October theme at Art Journal Journey.


Thanks for dropping by today,

Alison

9 comments:

  1. They are all fabulous, no other word for them. I still have a lot to do for LB! Have a great Sunday, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to look to see who Holly McLaughlin was and what she created. I was turned off by the image she shared, and didn't give it a second thought. Seeing what you created, I love this. It is SO very different and so much better than McLaughlin's entry, I might actually be temped to create something similar.

    Another artist I didn't recognize was Emma Petitt. I had to check to see what she had created. When I saw what she had created, I knew I could never draw a face, so skipped that lesson completely. You did a marvelous job and put your own spin on it with your signature paint splotches.

    I haven't had a chance to see what Dyan Reaveley has created, but I'm guessing I will like yours equally as well as hers. And as an added bonus, you created it in Tracey's color theme at Art Journal Journey, too. I am so impressed with all of these, dear Alison. All are great, but the first one really blew me away after seeing what the original artist showed. So different, so original, and so much better, too.



    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all fun Alison, but I think that face is amazing. It's an interesting way to do and I'd like to try it myself. Thanks for linking up to AJJ and Tracey's challenge. Have a super start to the new week. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you about meditation art I think it's a very personal process. The abstract is fabulous so loose with movement. I'm really happy you found Emma's lesson amazing, you'll carry that process with you forever now.. An inspiring trio isn't it a wonderful thing how an hour spent with another creative can turn on another creative light within us. Awesome work Alison.
    Creative Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic art pages Alison, if I had to chose it would be the abstract one that caught my eye, I spent ages looking at all pattern marks. Thank you for linking up with us at AJJ as well.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. All brilliant Alison,the face is beautiful and great journal page -love the Bee and little hedgehogs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. My fave is the first one, but glad for you having fun with all the lessons. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Alison - these are all fabulous and with all those gorgeous Autumn colours just right for Tracey's theme at AJJ, hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.