Monday 25 October 2021

Judy Woods stARTs Course Taster

 Hello All!

A couple of weeks ago I took artist Judy Woods' stARTs course taster. We created 3 large (40x40cm) abstract pieces. It was interesting to work on 3 art pieces at the same time, starting with Judy's process, then finishing the paintings in our own individual style.

We started by creating light and dark, and texture on our paintings.


Then we added some painted focal images, marks, drips and colour with collage and acrylic inks.




The next stage we used dark paint and oil pastels to create more interest.




And finally, we finished the paintings, deciding what we liked, adjusting with more collage, paint, pastels, ink etc., to hopefully create a balanced abstract piece of art.

Here are my finished pieces.




Do you have a favourite? Mine is the pink, orange and yellow one with rectangles.

Thanks for dropping by, hope you have a great new week.

Alison

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous. Looks like you had a fun time Ali. Great photos showing the different stages. My fav is the last one. Love how you have added the blue lines to bring it all together. Have a fun creative week. Hugs Flo xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great Alison. I like the idea of starting with light and dark. The blue and orange is my favorite, but really, any of these are great. I must make doing some more abstract pieces my art goal for next year. I love seeing them. Happy new week. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all lovely, I can't choose a fave as the are all faves. It must have been a fun course! Have a great week, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great abstract pieces-love them all
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked the first one of the finals, right colors for me and best balance. Congrats on the process.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a huge fan of abstract art, especially when it is done right. I absolutely adore them all, but you are right, the one with pink, orange, and yellow is my favorite, too. I love how you took us from start to finish, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.