Saturday 11 September 2021

Art Journal Journey - Vintage

Hello All.

Another challenge I've been doing in September is GelliArts' ABC Printing Challenge. Yesterday the prompt was 'J' for Journal Page. 

I picked 3 primary colours of acrylic paint, and brayered them in a pattern on my Gelli Plate. I used bubble wrap to add some texture, then using the plate like a stamp, I printed onto a page in my art journal.


I brayered on some Prussian Blue acrylic around the edges, and on a few random parts of the page. Then I added the Tim Holtz Paper Dolls, and a Dina Wakley tissue quote. I used some red and yellow paint to blend in the quote, then finished by printing some aquamarine circles with a lid.

I linking this page to Wendy's Vintage theme at Art Journal Journey.

Hope you have a great weekend,

Alison

10 comments:

  1. Hi Alison I love this page - it's like a patchwork quilt with all the colourful squares forming the background. The two figures finish it off for the vintage look.
    Hugs Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in awe of all the challenges you are creating. This latest one has me in awe of your use of the Gelli. You sure love yours a lot better than I like mine. I love the grid pattern you chose. This is brilliant and the use of the bubble wrap added so much, too. Thanks so very much for sharing this with us using Wendy's theme at Art Journal Journey. Sorry I've taken so long to catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bright background and those vintage ladies. They may have photographed black and white, but we do know the world wasn't black and white in vintage times, so the colored background is perfect. And looks amazing too. Have a great weekend Alison. And thanks for sharing this page with us. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice ladies! They are going to dance in some party. Beautiful page with great composition.
    Happy weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another gorgeous page with wonderful colours. Enjoy your weekend, and thanks for joining us at AJJ, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL nice page, thanks for the chuckle, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous page Alison, great background to show off the ladies on. Thank you for joining us on AJJ again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving those bold gelli print colours and the bubble wrap print, you put me to shame as I can not tell you the last time I got mine out <<another note to self. The sentiment made me smile, after being away taking care of my MIL last week hubby treated me to a take out, unheard of on a Sunday but I think I deserved it.. Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The sentiment really made me smile ...lol 😀. The gelli plate background looks amazing with the happy colours - perfect. Happy and creative wishes! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.