Wednesday 9 September 2020

Texture and Other Stuff

Hi Everyone!

I have another page to share for Jo's Texture theme at Art Journal Journey.


This page started with some gesso and leftover paint, then I added some collage materials, book page scraps, teabags, paper coasters, and die-cut leftovers. Then I just went crazy, scraping red and blue paint and white gesso over it, stamping lime paint with giant Lego, drawing circles with drawing ink, and dripping :-) I tore some lime painted book page circles, adding them to the ink circles, painted red hearts, and finished with some scribble writing and black ink splashes.


Now for the other stuff. Some photos from our early morning walk. We saw lots of Canadian geese on the golf course lake on Monday. I love the mist rising off the lake!



A beautiful sunflower growing in our garden.


And especially for Neet, a photo of my guinea pigs, Angus on the left and Elliott on the right, enjoying some grass. Elliott's the cheeky youngster at 18 months, and Angus his long-suffering 4 year old chum. They get on quite well really, bless them, and they're actually the same size, although Angus looks a lot smaller in the photo.



10 comments:

  1. Love your colourful journal page. The most rising from the lake is a great shot.Angus and Elliott are gorgeous. Have a nice evening, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great journal page and love all the textured layers-brilliant nature pics too very professional looking
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous page! I love the lime green with the little hearts and your signature paint splatters add to the other textures that you created wonderfully 😁. Fabulous photos and how I loved seeing Angus and Elliott too, so adorable - squeak squeak! Take care and thanks so much for playing along at AJJ! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it when I go crazy with paint. So it was good to see you doing the same here. Very bold and full of texture which is what I like in a journal page (not my Dylusion ones though).
    Thanks for the photos of the two Guinea Pigs, Angus and Elliott. They are beautiful. Their coats are gorgeous and they look so silky. Thank you so much for letting me see them both.
    Hugs Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was here last night when my internet came back on. Just as I was about to leave you a comment, it went off again. You really went to town on this page, Alison. About the only thing you left out was the kitchen sink (grin). Loved this and the lime green accent is brilliant. Thanks for sharing this with us at Art Journal Journey using Jo's theme.

    Lovely mist, beautiful sunflower, and adorable cheeky guinea pigs Elliot and Angus.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is an amazing texture piece today Alison. The black around the yellow and hearts is quite eye catching. And it looks like a nice morning walk. I love when you get the mist rising off the water. Not quite cold enough here for that yet, but it will be coming. And nice to see Elliot and Angus. They are pretty cute little guys! Hope your week is going well. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely colorful journal page; the flower idea is fantastic.
    Gorgeous photos, thank you for sharing.
    Happy weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous paint layered background . I loved the hearts in the centre of your bright flowers. Thank you for linking to Jo's theme at Art Journal Journey.

    The photos of your morning walk looked lovely. Angus and Elliot are so cute as well..
    Stay safe.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG Angus and Elliot are just too cute. The photos are amazing but you art always pulls at me heart strings.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.