Sunday 13 September 2020

Art Journal Journey - Texture

 Hi Everyone! 

Here's another page for Jo's Texture Theme at Art Journal Journey.

I began with layers of old book page scraps texture, then used my finger to apply my new favourite colour combination of acrylic paint - Prussian Blue, Orange Red, Oxide Yellow, and Titanium White.

I added some lines, using a piece of corrugated card to print with the Prussian Blue paint, and scraped some texture paste through a PaperArtsy number stencil. I highlighted the numbers with the blue paint. I used a small lid and white acrylic to add some white circles, then added splashes of white paint.


I finished by adding a Tim Holtz PaperDoll image and some found book text, and outlined them with a black Stabilo pencil.

Do you think Frances is on the lookout for a rich boyfriend at the dance?!

I'm also linking up my page to Country View Crafts Complimentary Colours Challenge.

Thanks for dropping by, I hope you're having a lovely weekend.

Alison xox

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful page Jo, you made a fab background for the 2 lovely ladies. Have a great, new week! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been thinking of my dear sweet sister who passed away Dec. 2009. This piece with the two ladies reminds me of sisters. Wonderful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am visiting my neighbor Sally, so I must keep this brief. My internet appears to be fine, but my power supply cord has gone bad, at least that is what my computer guru friend Scott thinks. He will try to get a new one for me in town on Monday. If not, he will buy one at Amazon.

    I love this, Alison. It's cute and clever. I LOVE that color combination. It is great and so are all the splatters and textures you got. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Art Journal Journey, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your choice of colors lately Alison. And of course your texture too. Another wonderful page, and thanks for linking to AJJ. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's a amazing colour combination! I can see why it's your new favourite - I love it 😀. Loving all the painty texture that you created too and I smiled at Francis, hope she isn't too picky and finds a beau soon ...lol 😉. Thanks so much for joining us at Art Journal Journey and wishing you a happy new week! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous journal page and love the textured layers
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great page. I hope the girls enjoyed the dance. A fantastic page for Jo's theme at AJJ thanks for linking there.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous combination of colours and lots of ideas that I use myself in my artwork - things like using corrugated card and bottle caps - plus more that I will now use if you don't mind.
    Btw - I do think she is looking for a rich boyfriend for the future. Wonder if she finds one!
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. fabulous work, Alison!
    Thank you for playing along with our September challenge over at Country View Challenges.
    xx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.