Saturday 6 January 2018

Project 365 Somethings in 2018

Hello Friends!

Something a little different today. I spotted the Project 365 Somethings in 2018 challenge on Tammy Garcia's blog today. She's running it alongside Hanna Andersson. And I thought 'why not?' The idea is to think of a theme or type of project and create 365 pieces in the year. You don't have to make a piece every day, I've decided I'll probably make 7 items once a week if I can, therefore 52 little series of artworks. And I decided on using teabags as a base, as I want to explore different ways to use them.

For week one, I've used some collage.


I took 7 of the teabags I decorated this week, added torn book text from an old book 'The Turquoise' by Anya Seton, a hand cut heart from a Gelli-printed paper, and words cut from a single page from 'The Return of the King' by Tolkein. 


I really hope I can keep this up, as it's a huge commitment. We'll see!

Let me know if you decide to take up the challenge too.

Wishing you a creative weekend,

Alison x


14 comments:

  1. sounds fab! looks great! I'm trying France Papillon's journal challenge on FB.. also a daily thing. but quick (hopefully)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous project, it's good to do New things. Have fun, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your decorated teabags look amazing and I am sure you will use the on pages or other projects!
    A nice challenge --- little things are always good for the soul --- and so I guess it is a good idea for you- but don't get yourself under pressure.
    Just having fun is the word!!!
    oxo Susi
















    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a huge commitment but I think you are approaching it the best way. One day do all 7 for the week. Otherwise it would get old really fast I think. And having 52 weeks of different art series, you could even turn this into a journal.I love all this tea bag art people are doing. Yours ar particular nice! Happy weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely decorated tea bags. HAppy New Year. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great challenge and love all the little decorated teabags -they look brilliant
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its a fantastic page, Good luck with your aims for this year long project.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your idea to use tea bags. These look lovely. I just found out about the challenge today, so I might be too late to start it, because I'll need 7 of my somethings by tomorrow, and I don't know what my something will be. (Maybe postcards, since I like making those.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are fantastic Ali. What a great idea to use tea bags. Loving the idea of mini pieces of art.
    Hugs Flo xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your teabag art , they are each little wonderful art pieces. Last year I received some plastic bags with these round teabags in from good friends in UK - to play with , ( we don`t have then in Denmark ) and now you really inspired me .
    Hugs, Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your new challenge sounds such fun and a great accomplishment for the year too, you'll do great! Wow, you teabag art is amazing, I love what you did with them 😁. The addition of the old text, Gelli print heart and words is perfect! I hope you had a wonderful weekend! Have a great day! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic teabag art..anything with hearts is always so appealing and I love the grungy feel of them too.
    Good luck with keeping up the challenge, but mostly just have fun!
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  13. i like this idea ..good luck looks fab

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh My! These look fabulous Alison - what a great idea! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.