Monday 22 January 2018

365 Somethings 2018 - Week Three

Hello Everyone!

We've been a week now without heating and hot water, but we're managing thanks to the loans of a few electric heaters from dear friends and family. The new boiler is due to be installed on Wednesday, so not long to wait now. And, after the low temperatures over the weekend, today it's a bit warmer, currently 9 degs C. Also, it's good news on the job front, my husband's job is safe for a bit longer. I also sold another crochet scarf on Etsy. Which reminds me, I must put a link to my shop here!

I ventured into my cold studio today, taking one of the heaters with me, and altered another seven teabags for week three of the 365 Somethings challenge.


I began by colouring each teabag, using PaperArtsy Infusions, then stamped with Tracey Scott stamps and Snowflake Fresco Finish Paint, also by PaperArtsy. I adhered some painted and punched out book page circles, added some number stickers, then flicked some black Bombay India Ink and Golden Iridescent Bronze paint over the teabags to finish.


As teabags are one of my favourite things to use in my art, I'm sharing these over at Try It On Tuesday.

Thanks for visiting,

Alison x




13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous altered tea bags, thanks for joining us at TIOT. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos to your friends and family that came through with the space heaters!

    I'm glad you have a fun project to distract you from the cold. The tea bags are just lovely.

    I'm sure there's a sigh of relief in regard to your husbands job and the soon to arrive boiler. Grateful to hear the good news on both accounts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good news about Grahams job and I'm glad you're managing to get some warmth. Your decorated tea bags are lovely.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those teabags Alison, so colourful and detailed. Glad to hear the job news and didn't realise there were problems.
    Hope the boiler gets sorted very soon.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you alter tea bags Alison, This is a fantastic selection and I thank you for sharing your Favourite Things with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
    I was pleased to read your good new about your husbands job. I hope it stays warm for you until the new boiler is fitted.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was thinking about you this weekend with no boiler as it's been so cold and I'm so pleased to hear that your family and friends came to the rescue with heaters 😁. That's wonderful news about your hubby's job, what a relief! So great that you sold another crochet scarf and it would be lovely to see your shop linked here too 😀. I'm loving all those pretty teabags, the Infusions and stamps worked beautifully! So pleased to see you over at Try it on Tuesday again with your favourite things, thanks for joining in the fun! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your teabag art is amazing, many congratulations on making the Top 5 over at Try it on Tuesday! J 😊

      Delete
  7. Glad to hear the new furnace is getting put in soon. You are in a good mood for not having hot water and heat other than the electric heaters. I don't know if I could be that cheery. Loving the latest round of tea bags Alison. They are very cool. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was worried about you, not seeing any new art from you in what seemed like DAYS. It's good news about the heaters, and even better news about the new boiler. Soon sounds wonderful. And it's also good news about your second sale on Etsy. Way to go!

    I love your 365 something tea bags. I really am in awe of those bags that we can't get here in the states. I bet you must drink a LOT of tea. Your colorful art always cheers me, so I was delighted to see what you had created this week. Just think. You won't have to stay cold for next week's entries!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brrrrrrr! I hope your heat is up and running soon. Such good news about your husband's job. Congrats on your success at Etsy. I'm always impressed by tea bag art. These are lovely :) Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These really are a lovely something! So pleased you joined us at Try It On Tuesday! Good news on the job and the heating! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great project Alison - they look FANTASTIC!! Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jeepers - only just catching up on your boiler news... what a nightmare in this dull, dank, chilly January we've been having. Do hope it's all sorted out by now.

    Your teabags are just amazing - love, love the colour tones from the Infusions and the paint-stamping works beautifully.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.