Monday 8 January 2018

Another Art Journal Adventure

Hello Everyone! 

This page was another adventure for Erika's challenge at Art Journal Journey.


First a layer of white acrylic paint, then an old book page, then an opened out teabag adhered over that. I fancied some crackles, so I used DecoArt's 2 part crackle glaze. The cracks are too fine to be visible though! I added some a wash of raw umber water mixable oil paint, hoping to highlight the cracks (to no avail!), then some turquoise paint drips, then glued on part of a Gelli print. I used a brown pencil to outline the flower, then cut circles from a printed teabag and glued them on. A phrase came to my mind, 'Starting a page can be an adventure if you don't have a plan', so I wrote it around the flower with a white gel pen. I finished with some raw umber and white splatters.


It's a very gloomy January day here, and I think this reflected in today's page!

Happy creating!

Alison x


7 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore this beauty, Alison. Your crackle may not have shown too much, but the splatters and pencil did. I love how you created the colorful background, too. Thanks beyond belief for sharing it at Art Journal Journey. Your teabag art is to DIE for, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - that's so beautiful and the sentence is so true as well! Just great!
    Sending you sunshine ♥♥♥
    Thank you very much for joining Art Journal Journey ♥
    Happy week Alison!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the splatters and teabag art
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The words you chose are perfect, I love to create pages this way 😁. The teabags and flower design is lovely and all those spatters bring the page to life! It's been sunny here the last few days and very cold too, we've even had frosts which is a bit unusual as we don't get them often living by the sea ...lol 😉. Wishing you a great new week! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the drips and splatters. Making those is a fun art adventure in itself. :) And that quote is really one of the best. I am going to remember that one. :) Thanks for joining in at AJJ again. It's always fun to see your pages. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely page Alison.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely - the quote I mean!! I love this page - and all that lovely spattering! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.