Friday 12 January 2018

And So The Adventure Ends?

Hi Everyone! 

Thanks for all your lovely comments on my cards and ugly page yesterday. The page looks better to me today! Grin!!

Onto the next and final page in my 7x5in journal. 


I started in this journal last Summer, with Rae Missigman's Artmarks challenge, and it was a turning point for me, in that my pages became a lot more free and abstract. I love looking back in it. So this final page started like so many, with some collage and gesso. I used the book page I tore circles from yesterday.


Next, I added some colour with Vibrant Turquoise and Tangerine Dream Dylusions Paint.


I used some pieces of table protector, bubble wrap and plastic mesh to print.


And I had to add a teabag of course! I finished with a Tim Holtz quote and handwrote 'end' with DecoArt Media burnt umber paint. This was a little too fluid, so I decided to let it drip. Love it!


The adventure is not really ending, as I have another journal ready to take up where this one finished. So a new adventure is starting. 

I'm linking to the following challenges...

and
Altered Book Lover Elizabeth's T Stands For Tuesday - a bit late on that one! Lol! But I used a teabag.

Happy Friday!

Alison xx



14 comments:

  1. I can imagine how great is is to look through this journal now and I am very happy that a new one awaits you dear Alison, so we we get to see many more of your fabulous and unique pages! This last page is so beautiful again!
    Thank you for all your support to Art Journal Journey - you ROCK the adventure theme!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. and happy weekend and belated T-Day to you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it fun when you have finally completed a journal or altered book? There is such a good feeling of satisfaction when you look back and realize how satisfying that is.

    I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this final entry. The drips are fabulous and the sentiment is simply PERFECT. I am thrilled you shared this with us at Art Journal Journey, and even more so that you shared it with us at T Stands For Tuesday. This is an AWESOME final entry in this journal.

    I can't wait to see and share the next adventure you create in your new journal. BTW, I love how the metal wires are all grungy with paint. It shows a true crafter made this book her own!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful journal page. Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a fabulous last page for your journal and I'm sure you will enjoy looking though it again many times. Look forward to seeing your new pages.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I love this page! The colours are my favourite and your printing materials are amazing too 😁. I still need to try stamping with bubble wrap ...lol 😉. The teabag looks right at home on this page too - perfect! I always enjoy looking through journal when I've finished them too 😁. Happy Weekend! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is always exciting but also sad to end a journal. I bet you have a great collection in this journal.I like the depth you have here. Those drips on the word end...nice! Thanks for stopping by again and I hope we get to see the beginning if the next journal. :) Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous--I love the colors and all the interesting texture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous journal great colours and textured layers-love the drippy end
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is delicious Alison, scrummy textures & shades and a great achievement to have made it to the last page of your journal. This is something I aspire towards but the final page is so finale!!
    Off to take a look at yesterdays now.. :))
    HuGs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is wonderful Alison and well done on getting your journal finished.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant page, Alison! I think it is amazing to flip over a finished AJ (never happened to me ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! What a fabulous background - I'm sure you had fun with this! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous as always Alison thank you for entering the That's Crafty Challenge x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.