Tuesday 31 August 2021

Artful August Day 27 - Animal

 Hello All.

Here's my Animal page for Day 27 of Rachel Greig's Artful August Challenge. 

This is also my page for Week 34 of Raspberry Blue Sky's 52 Weeks Art Journal Challenge, with the theme 'Vacation'. Anything that involves hiking in the countryside, with lots of animals and birds to spot, is my kind of holiday.


I love sheep, so I decided to create some using my favourite technique with a wine cork and white paint. Just 7 cork marks, then details added with a black pen. 

The hills are made with some green/turquoise monoprints, and the sun with a yellow/orange monoprint. The sky was painted with turquoise acrylic, then 'clouds' printed with white acrylic and bubble wrap.

I used a black Stabilo All pencil to ground the sheep, and finished with a cut up Tim Holtz phrase sticker. I love that quote...I love to wander, and so do sheep!

By the way, I allowed myself 30 minutes for this page, if you're wondering 😁


I'm linking up with Neet's Type theme again at Art Journal Journey for one last time.

Thanks for visiting,

Alison

11 comments:

  1. Fabulous pages, I LOVE those sheep! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous page and love how you made the sheep-brilliant
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheep are fun to watch. We have seen them in all sorts of places, including here in MIchigan, recently in Iceland, and in the past in Ireland. Yours remind me of the Irish souvenirs of sheep.

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I want to find a wine cork and have a go at making those fabulous sheep. They are great! Am afraid they stole the show for me.
    I too enjoy a stroll in the countryside and being up north we often are surrounded by sheep. Maybe not as much as when we were in Anglesey - everywhere we saw sheep.
    I love this page. It is so bright and cheerful and just lovely. Thanks Alison for all the support you have given me with my theme at AJJ and thanks for the smile with this last journal page. Love everything about it, the clouds, the hills, the sun and certainly those sheep.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH those sheep are just adorable! They look like it is time to be shorn-smile, but I do love their bodies. What a fun vacation page Alison. This one makes me very happy. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, I love those sheep! They really made me smile and the background colours and wording are perfect too - fabulous 😁. Wishing you a wonderful week! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your sheep are so cute! Thank you for explaining how you created them. You should sell some of them on postcards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have always loved that "not all who wander are lost" quote by J. R. R. Tolkien. But the sheep you created are amazing. I adore it. What a great take on the animal theme AND a great entry for Neet's theme at Art Journal Journey. Thanks for so many wonderful entries at AJJ this month, dear.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.