Tuesday 24 August 2021

Artful August Day 20 - Pattern

 Hello All.

Here's my Day 20 page for Rachel Greig's Artful August Challenge. The prompt is Pattern.


A 15 minutes page with collaged gel printed squares, black paint stencilling, some pieces of collage fodder, a Tim Holtz word sticker, and white and neon pink ink splatters. I had a bit of time left, so I used the pink ink to colour the flowers, and a little green paint for the leaves. That little piece of tea-dyed fabric was stamped with one of my hand-carved stamps.


I have a pile of brown packing paper that I saved, and whenever I have some leftover black paint, I tear off a piece and paint some marks on it. It makes fabulous collage fodder.

I'm linking my page to Neet's Type theme at Art Journal Journey.

Thanks so much for visiting. I really appreciate the lovely comments you leave too 😘

Alison

9 comments:

  1. This is fabulous, love the colours! Have a great evening, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely collage with super textures and color pallet.
    Have a nice week ahead xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happiness is the perfect word to put on this page. I love the brights and black. I also like your idea to use up paint on the craft paper. It does add some great interest to the overall page. You have such fun ideas every single day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that Middle Eastern Stencil you chose to use against your collage pieces. The pink flowers? Glad you had time to paint them, they look good on that fabric.
    Another super entry for my theme at AJJ.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. How in the world did you get all those squares lined up and glued in place in 15 minutes? It would have taken me longer than that just to tear or cut them apart, much less get them lined up properly on the page. Then there is the stencil you used to create the black pattern. How did you get the paint dry in time to add the burlap and flowers, much less color them. My hat is off to your speed skills, Alison. I just don't see how anyone can work that fast, but I love that you shared this with us again at Art Journal Journey using Neet's great theme.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I just love this pattern. And adding those flowers really gives your eyes something to focus on. Great page Alison. Thanks for linking up to AJJ also. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pretty flowers against that fun background, Alison. Very smart to recycle the tape too. Love the fabric too. All put together so beautifully. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great color choices on background and foreground! And the black stenciling pops it along with those pink flowers. Love! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous page and patterned background love the flower on the hessian strip
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.