Friday 20 August 2021

52 Weeks Art Journal - 33/52 - Embrace The Moment

 Hello All.

Here's my week 33 page for Raspberry Blue Sky's 52 Weeks Art Journal Challenge.


This page started off with some leftover blue paint on it, and I added some pieces of collage. I schmooshed on some paint, and used a PaperArtsy stencil and a wet cloth to remove some of it. I stencilled the birds with the PaperArtsy stencil, then added flowers, foliage and the figure with Dina Wakley stamps and paint, and wrote the quote with a paint pen. I added some white pen outlines, then white, black and gold splatter.


I've used a few different types of media on this page, so I'm linking it to Neet's Type theme at Art Journal Journey.

Thanks for visiting, and for all your lovely comments on my art this week,

Alison

10 comments:

  1. That blue and green background is beautiful Alison. I love how you have made it work for you. Great silhouette figure and birds and the lettering is lovely. Another great page for my theme at AJJ this month.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely wonderful! Another favourite! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous page and background love the stamps-stencils and splatters. You have some brilliant ideas
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this one, looks almost like batik or letter press. Great lettering and white pen work, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alison this one has so much truth and power to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun page Alison. I can see your TYPE too. And it works perfect for that sentiment, which is really something true. Thanks for sharing again at AJJ. And have a great weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to be so late visiting. On Friday, I was without power for over 16 hours. I am hugging my AC about now after suffering 40+ C heat for a full day!

    This is brilliant, Alison. I love the layers you have and the perceived texture. I also love the contrast and the different colors you chose. Of course, I really like that type, too. Thanks for another great page you shared with us at Art Journal Journey using Neet's theme.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I love the colours here and what great way to use those Dina Wakley stamps.The book pages show through really well. Thanks for sharing AJJ, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful background, love the bright splatter and of course the quote. I love everything about this one, Alison! Wish I had this as a card for my studio.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.