Sunday 29 August 2021

Artful August Day 25 - Home

 Hello All.

Here's my 'Home' page for Rachel Greig's Artful August challenge Day 25.


If you don't know the Paul Young song, then you'll be wondering what this has to do with 'Home'. It was originally recorded by Marvin Gaye the year I was born, 1962. But Paul Young recorded it in 1983 when I was 21, and it was a favourite song of mine back then. I sketched my favourite type of hat, big and floppy, onto a monoprint, cut it out and glued it onto a collaged and roughly painted page. Then I wrote the song title with a black Stabilo All pencil that I dipped into water.

I'm linking my page to Neet's Type theme at Art Journal Journey.

Wishing you all a happy weekend,

Alison

7 comments:

  1. Nice hat! And of course I know that song, in fact as soon as I saw your page I went into the first line of the song in my head. Love a floppy hat too, and I love the colour of yours. My type of hat - my type theme at AJJ is certainly spurring you on to make some great pages. Can't get over you do them so quickly.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous piece, and a great song! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes know the song and yes I was singing it in my head lol.I was born 1950 and wore hippish stuff in the 60s and I had a floppy hat I wore with a flowered trouser suit
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great song, and that video brought me back to my 20's. Those 1980's styles made me smile. I am actually gone they aren't around any more, but it was fun to see. And I think you made a super home page and related it to the hat. I like the style hat you used. Thanks again for sharing with us at AJJ. Happy new week. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wasn't familiar with the song, but I got the reference even before I read what you had written. That is a fabulous hat and you draw very, very well. Thanks for yet another great entry using Neet's theme at Art Journal Journey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes I remember that song, it was a good one. Thank you for linking your fantastic page with Neet's theme over at AJJ.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.