Friday 11 June 2021

Find Your Joy Taster Course

Hello All.

Last week I spotted a free taster course by British abstract artist Louise Fletcher . The aim is to find your own art style, the things that you love to do the most in your art. Louise had some exercises to help us to do that.

Here's my art from the first exercise.

I didn't have a large sheet of paper that we needed, so I used cardboard from the side of a large box. The colours I chose were aquamarine, naphthol AS hue, and yellow iron oxide. I loved this exercise, and the results it produced.

The tape I peeled off the painting is very pretty too.

I added some butterfly ladies for Mia's Butterfly theme at Art Journal Journey.

The next two paintings are from the second exercise.



And here are my paintings from the final exercise.





I loved this last exercise, and the whole course has shown me how much I love creating abstract mixed media art. I adore the colours I chose to use too.

Thanks for dropping by today,

Alison xox



14 comments:

  1. Third time lucky! Tried twice to comment but it wouldn't publish so here we go again.
    What an exciting exerience for you - and what fun you certainlyi had. I love them all but esoecially the first blue one. I think that is fabulous!
    Hugs Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many cool pieces ALison. It sounds like a fun class. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Alison, these are all fantastic! Have a fun with your class, it sounds very inspiring. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, it looks like you had fun with that course and the artwork looks amazing! I love aquamarine, red and yellow together and your abstract design look so beautiful 😁. Happy weekend! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking to AJJ also Alison.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sorry I was unable to leave comments yesterday. I tried several times, but blogger hates me.

    I absolutely love those abstracts. I'm going to try to sign up for that course, too because I LOVE abstract art. You created some incredible pieces and the mixed media ones from the last day are truly incredible. I love, love, love your style and the colors you chose, too. These rock!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The course brought you a lot to design this artwork in a completely different way and the others have become so beautiful too.
    Have fun with it,Happy weekend, hug Elke

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous paintings Alison I love them all
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alison you do abstract so well, I LOVE the colours you chose. Using tape always makes art work so much more uniform framing each little work of art and the bonus of having handmade washi tape. I can see you really enjoyed this course.
    Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you are a natural at it! Have to Pin these as this has been a goal of personal study for me but I haven't made progress as I went down a rabbit hole over all the different kinds -- what to copy -- I see this and think I should have just been playing, who cares what kind, lol. These are fabulous, all worthy of framing! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am absolutely in love with abstract mixed media. And your works are SUPER, Alison. It must have been a very interesting workshop. Hugs, my friend, and thank you for joining again my challenge at AJJ.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This course looks right up your street - you really have made some fabulous paintings! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous abstract paintings. I really love them all!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds a wonderful and interesting course you joined. The art pages look amazing.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.