Tuesday 22 June 2021

Daisy Yellow's Index Card A Day - Week 3

Hello All.

Thanks again for the helpful advice and good wishes for my tooth and elbow. My mouth is a bit less sore thankfully, so hoping it's settling down. I'm resting my arm as much as I can, not easy. Thankfully Hubby's on hand to help.

Here are my ICADs for week 3 of Daisy Yellow's challenge.

15/61 - Long-tailed Tit


16/61 - Pied Wagtail


17/61 - Mallard


18/61 - Greenfinch


19/61 - Blue-headed Wagtail


20/61 - Chaffinch


21/61 - Grey Heron


Some of these birds we see quite regularly, the chaffinch visits our garden most of the year, and the heron, mallard and pied wagtail we see on our walks upon the golf course. Sadly the greenfinch has declined in numbers here in the UK, I haven't seen one for many years. The long-tailed tits visit very occasionally, it's always a thrill to spot those. And I don't think I've ever seen a blue-headed wagtail.

Thanks for visiting, I hope you're enjoying my series of bird-themed collages.

Alison xox

 

7 comments:

  1. Wow these are amazing. I love your art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous weeks cards love all the beautiful birds -I used to have aviaries and have bred budgies,canaries and beautiful finches- up to lasy year we have also had chickens and ducks.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These bird icads are super. I love your theme this year.And I see tea bags too. They look super Alison!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not only do I simply adore your birds, I love the various layers you create with each bird, too. I've not heard from several of these birds, but I sure love how you have depicted them. They are fabulous and so is your art, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are feeling a bit better. The ICADs are wonderful, I've been enjoying them day by day on FB. Look after yourself, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. More collaged eye-candy goodness! Love them all, but especially the blue-headed wagtail, the cut-out horizontal element behind him is fab! So happy to hear the H2O2 helped! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.