Friday 18 June 2021

Art Reboot - Part Two

Hi Everyone! 

Thank goodness it's Friday! I've had quite the week. 

A doctor's appointment on Tuesday, to get my elbow and a small mole on my neck checked out. Photos of the mole are being sent to dermatology to be checked out (faster than trying to get an appointment!), and it turns out I have tennis elbow, or crochet elbow in my case I think. No crochet for me for the foreseeable future 😔

I had my eye check up on Wednesday, three new pairs of glasses. Not too expensive, but bad enough.

Then yesterday, I went to get a toothache checked out by the dentist, and ended up with having a root canal. So I'm on the paracetamol now, and hoping it'll settle down soon.

Anyway, I'm sure you're wondering where my Art Reboot pages are, so here we go.

Day 4 - Add some simple geometric shapes to the page.


I added some stamped and cut out butterflies for Mia's Butterfly theme at Art Journal Journey. I couldn't resist a few paint splatters too.


Day 5 - For the final day, we were told to go for a walk and collect some things from nature to put on a page. I picked a few wild flowers on our early morning walk on the golf course, and created a petal mandala on a painted background. I added some teabag papers around the edges, and finished with some journaling.


Thanks for bearing with me as I poured out my troubles! Hope you have a good weekend.

Alison xox

11 comments:

  1. Fabulous journal pages love the butterflies-what a week hope your mole checks out okay and you mouth feel better soon-I am still terrified of dentists after getting horrifically treated by school dentists many years ago!!!
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, what a week you've had -- geez!!! Well, at least that's all past you now. Had to look up the drug to find out it's Tylenol, I hope it's #3, at least that has some codeine in it! Feel better soon! It didn't affect your art, all 3 pages are eye-candy. Love how you wrote around the mandela. XOX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness Alison, if it could go wrong with you this week, it did. Try to keep your elbow steady when you type, too.

    Your page for Day 4 is wonderful. I love the butterflies and paint spatters, too. Something I can't seem to get right. Thanks for sharing this beauty with us using Mia's theme at Art Journal Journey, dear.

    I adore your mandala for Day 5. I think it's amazing.

    Please get plenty of rest. You may pour your troubles out anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear Alison, you are certainly going through a lot just now, hope it all gets better soon. Look after yourself. Your art is beautiful, as always. And thanks, too for joining us at AJJ. Have a restful weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a week Alison. Hope all improves QUICKLY. I'll keep my fingers crossed the mole comes back all well. And I am loving your art for the week. The butterfly is beautiful and I am really drawn towards the second piece for day 5. It feels like the floor of the woods on a beautiful walk. Thanks for sharing with us for Mia's challenge at AJJ. Happy weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! I hope you feel much better soon. Tennis elbow is painful - hope you can fill the gap from not crocheting ;-) I love the butterfly page - perfect for Mia's theme, and the mandala is so clever! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh what a week you've had! hope everything sorts out soon and the mole is nothing! take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elbows, Teeth, And Eyes - A Full Gambit Of Dang Salad - Stay Strong

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are beautiful pages and a great idea with the wild flower petals looks so adorable too.
    I am so sorry for you that you have to endure so much, I hope the medicine will work soon, but treat yourself to rest now! Hugs -Elke

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like both your journal pages- the addition of the butterflies have really made the page come alive on the first one.
    Sorry to hear you have had so many problems - you have almost had a full MOT this week. I hope the tooth settles down soon. Not my favourite place to visit.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic journal pagers. I hope your problems a5re settling down what a week you have had. Hope all is well now.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.