Saturday 19 June 2021

52 Weeks Art Journal - Week 24 - Postcard

 Hello All.

Thanks for your lovely comments on yesterday's post. I've a bit of a toothache today, I don't know whether that's normal after root canal. To be honest, the dentist was wearing full PPE, he looked like an astronaut, and I could barely understand what he said to me. I'll call them Monday if it persists though.

Elizabeth, I'm wearing a wrist support, and using my left hand to type as much as I can. I read that tennis elbow can take from 6 months to a year to heal. Very depressing!

I'm still managing a bit of art every day though, and today I have this week's page for Raspberry Blue Sky's 52WeeksArtJournal to share with you. The theme is Postcard.


I made a background with lots of round used teabags, then swiped a black ink pad over it and around the edges.

I used some gel prints to collage a 6x4" index card, then stamped some images by Sara Naumann for PaperArtsy. I added some gel print circles, stamped with Crafty Individuals butterflies. I think it looks like my postcard is being held in place by butterfly magnets.

I'm linking my page to Mia's Butterfly theme at Art Journal Journey.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend,

Thanks for dropping by,

Alison xox

13 comments:

  1. Another wonderful page, thanks so much for linking to Mia's theme at AJJ. Sorry you have toothache and are still limited in your movement, try to rest and relax! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the tooth isn't too bad. I've had a root canal and it takes a few days to feel better. Hope it clears up soon. Loving this second post of art too. I'm loving the brown with the pop of color. The background really looks like old paper, and I am glad you can still manage some art. Hopefully the elbow won't take the full 6 months to recover. Have a great rest of your day. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous journal page love the postcard and the teabags made a brilliant background
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, there is always a little paint with a root canal but if it persists do phone the dentist. You created some beauties here even with a bad arm. You, have such a talent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Alison! This is a fabulous page - sounds as though you are going through it a bit! I'm travelling backwards through your post so I'm sure all will be revealed. I've been a bit bogged down lately so only just getting around to catching up. Take care, Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tea Bags, Way Cool - Bummer On The Tooth - Righteousness On The Postcard

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful page! Taking an anti-inflammatory (Advil, etc) helps. Also, swishing with hydrogen peroxide or salt water helps. And you can also try a bit of Ambesol or Oragel on the gum. And yes, call them on Monday regardless, to make sure you got your instructions right and so they know your status! Take care, XOX

    ReplyDelete
  8. This reminds me of a video I watched recently from a freebie course. The colors and the grid were what reminded me. It's beautiful and of course, I love your teabag background, too.

    Try not to write on your pages. I know you love to scribble all over them, BUT if you do, do so with your left hand and keep your right one safe from extra use. The less you have to use your right hand and arm, the faster you will heal.

    You did a marvelous job using butterflies on the journal page. Thank you for always supporting Art Journal Journey and thanks for using Mia's theme, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful butterfly journal page, I also really like the strong colors! I hope you feel better soon! Hug's Elke

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful rich page.
    Have a nice day my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful bright page. The colours on the postcard and the overlaid script is fabulous, A very eye catching piece.
    Hope the pain is easing a bit by now, if not gone. I know they can be painful but don't suffer too much without seeking help.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Its good that you are managing to still create some art, I hope the wrist support is helping, I wore mine for months after I broke my wrist a few years ago ago.
    Your page looks fabulous and its wonderful that you are sharing it with us at AJJ.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.