Wednesday 3 April 2019

A Surprise, My Art Journal Calendar, & A New Instagram Challenge

Hi Everyone!

It was Mothering Sunday here in the UK at the weekend, and I had a huge surprise last Thursday. Hubby announced that we were heading up to the Peak District for a hiking weekend. He'd hoped that we could meet up with our kids as it was Mothering Sunday, but unfortunately they were both busy.

But, as we arrived at the cottage, our daughter hung out of the upstairs window, shouting 'Surprise!!!' She called me inside, and presented me with these gorgeous designer boots she'd bought in Spain. They fit perfectly!


We then walked down to the village pub for some dinner, and our son was there to greet us, holding out a beautiful bouquet of roses for me.


I can't tell you how blessed I felt! We spent a wonderful weekend, hiking in the sunshine.



After spending yesterday cleaning out the guinea piggy and catching up with washing, I finally found time today, to create my April art journal calendar. As I used a PaperArtsy stencil for the journaling flowers, I'm sharing my pages at Try It On Tuesday's 'Use A Stencil or Two' challenge.


And Birgit Koopsen is hosting an Instagram challenge called Everything Circles, asking us to create circle themed art for every day in April. My April calendar pages are for Day 3, and here are pages for Days 1 & 2...


The next page has a window cut to see the previous page through...


I have been suffering a bit with a creative block lately, so I'm hoping this challenge will bump me out of it!

Thanks for visiting,

Alison xox


16 comments:

  1. what a fabulous surprise!! and I love your new boots! (Bet you were glad the weather last weekend was as it was and not as it is now, bit different!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful art again. Glad you had such a marvelous weekend surprise, and those boots are gorgeous, wow! Have a great April, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your gorgeosu calendar pages and the circle pages are fantastic as well! WOW! Seems you had a fantastic time with the family! So nice of them to surprise you! Lovely! Fabulous boots- wow and wonderful roses! Fantastic photos - thank you for sharing Alison and thank you very much for joining in at Try It On Tuesday again!
    Hugs,Susi

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely surprise- I would have been blubbing - even reading this brought a tear to my eye! Those boots are gorgeous! Your calendar pages, as always, are wonderful! I may have to play catch up a few times for this challenge of Birgit's! Love the 2 and 3 pages! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So taken with this post forgot to say Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely weekend you had with your family. Your new boots look awesome.
    The calendar pages look great and thank you for linking theme with our new Try it on Tuesdays theme.Fabulous art journal pages as well.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic surprise, Alison. You must have been absolutely over the moon! You have a lovely family. Love your boots, too :-)
    Great pages and I love circles, so am very tempted to take part, but I'm off Social Media at the moment, lol. Great idea to make windows to the next page...I like that a lot:-) Hope you soon feel more creative - I've been there myself and am only just coming out of it...
    Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday!
    Cath x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh you sound like you had the best Mothering Sunday! Those boots are awesome and was a great surprise! And I love both thee calendar and the journal art with that cool page. Thanks for sharing it with us at Try It On Tuesday. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well aren't YOU the lucky soul. Having both your children and your husband to share the weekend must have felt like heaven on earth. Congrats.

    LOVED the calendar. You always put mine to shame. I think that's a great challenge, too. If I weren't so busy recycling this month, I might give it a try, too. I adore how you have created the peekaboo page.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fantastic surprise! I am so pleased for you. Lovely boots AND roses! You have a beautiful family Ali. stunning pieces of artwork.
    Hugs Flo xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those boots are to die for! I've never seen anything like them. And the roses are lovely. That's such a scenic hiking place, and your family planned the best surprise :)

    I love the peek-a-boo window. What a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fantastic Mothers Day surprise - the full complement of offspring, and glorious weather for the hiking too, by the look of it. Loving your circle pages - they seem to have nudged your mojo into action, I'd say.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well where to start, gorgeous brilliant entries for #everythingcircles, such a fun challenge.
    Such a lovely surprise by your daughter and son, both with the lovely weekend together and...ohmy those boots. Ok, ok, I love them!!!
    Have a great weekend, Alison :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a great weekend all the better for being a surprise and those boots are fabulous-gorgeous roses too.Great pages and love the window idea
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my, what a wonderful Mothering Sunday suprise! It must have been such a fabulous weekend with your family and I love your new boots 😁. Your calender pages and circle art is beautiful too, the colours make me happy! Sorry I'm so late visiting, it was my birthday on Wednesday and I've been celebrating with family and friends every day sinces so I haven't had much time for blogland lately, just need to catch up now ...lol 😉. Creative wishes! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday too! J 😊 x

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.