Tuesday 16 April 2019

Everything Circles - Days 15 & 16

Hi Everyone. Hope you're all having a good week.

We're over halfway through the April Everything Circles Instagram Challenge now, and here are my latest pages.

Day 15 - I printed some circles with a small round gel plate, then some colourful stencilling. Then I drew circles with my black Bombay ink dropper, lifting my journal to create drips. I filled in the background around the circles with orange acrylic, added dots of black ink with my finger, drew white circles inside them, then added a quote sticker on a piece of painted masking tape. Finished with white paint splashes.


Day 16 - A background of teabags, Seaglass fresco acrylic applied with a palette knife, then the fun part...dried paint from my paint pots that I've saved for ages, glued in a circle and randomly dotted on the page. I'm linking this page to Wendy's Having Fun theme at Art Journal Journey, because it really made me smile.


Thanks for dropping by my blog,

Alison xox

12 comments:

  1. I love your page with the dried colors from the paint pots. That is a brilliant idea to create.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those dried paint top circle is super cool and how clever to use them! I was just pulling some dried paint bits off some paint today and mine just went into the trash. That page makes me happy too! And I like the other page too! Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both pages are so cool ! I love the dry paint circles ---- awesome! Thank you for another wonderful entry linked to our April collection at AJJ dear ALison! Happy day!

    Susi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both pages are fabulous! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. i´m following your "tour de circles" along on instagram. fantastic samples!! i should have participated too... but i think i´ll make a circle journal one day... xox, johanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful circle art! The oranges and gel plate prints look stunning - I love it 😁. Have a great day! Happy and creative wishes! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such wonderful. Work Alison. I love using circles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another fabulous pages, I'm pleased I'm not the only one who saves the dried paint circles. Thank you for joining us again on Art Journal Journey.
    Hugs Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your mixed media pages are awesome! Especially the idea to use these dried paint from your paint pots and add them in a circle on your page!
    Happy Easter! Rike x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the circle art.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous pages and after seeing this just ketp some dried paint bits from my grandaughter tubes of paint this aft -she had a crafting after-noon
    carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.