Sunday 28 April 2019

Art Journal Journey - Having Fun

Happy Sunday Everyone! Hope you're all having a good weekend. It's turned chilly here again. I can't believe I was in shorts last weekend! I'm back in woolly jumpers.

As we're nearing the end of Birgit Koopsen's Everything Circles challenge over on Instagram, I have three more entries to share with you.

Day 26 - not a journal page this time, but some gel prints I made, using hand-cut circles as masks, and Dylusions acrylic paint.


I also now have some beautiful painted circles to use on a page...


Day 27 - This journal page has a few layers. After adding the turquoise drips, I decided to brighten it up with some contrasting yellow acrylic, and then the pink joined in, and I outlined the circles with black Bombay India ink, and added scribbly writing! A very fun page for Wendy's Having Fun theme at Art Journal Journey.


Day 28 - Heading away from the bright acrylic paint, today I used up some collage scraps that I had on my desk.


Two more days to go!

Thanks for dropping by my blog,

Alison xox

11 comments:

  1. I've been enjoying all your circles Alison. They are so much fun to look at. Happy new week. Or just about. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fabulous set of circles, love them. Thank you for joining us again on Art journal Journey.
    Hugs Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful art with great colours. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. More wonderful pages, It seems like you have had a super time with this theme.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm enjoying all your circle art. You found so many creative ways to interpret a simple-on-the-face-of-it challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These prints and circles are fantastic Alison and both pages are amazingly artsy! Thank you for joining Art Journal Journey again with your free and inspiring styled pieces! Same kind of weather here. Happy new week! Susi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great set of prints and circles-you have had some great ideas using the circles
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A couple of fabulous pages, you've certainly had fun with your circles.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing prints and fabulous pages... looks like you've definitely been having lots of fun - I'm sorry I've been missing it!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many wonderful circle creations for his challenge! It looks like you had a fun month designing them all too 😉. I love Day 27 with the bright colours, stops and splatters - perfect! I hope you had a lovely week, Happy Friday and weekend! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful art, Alison and it's all brilliant, but I LOVE those gelli prints - maybe because they're my favourite Dylusions acrylic colours and I love them together, but that was a really productive session. Lots of fodder for future use. Great stuff. Wish I'd seen the challenge at the beginning of the month but hey - always another time.
    Cath x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.