Wednesday 12 September 2018

The Mermaid Fairies

Hi Everyone! I have another page to share today, for Yvonne's 'A World Of Fantasy' Challenge at Art Journal Journey.


I had another piece of tea-dyed gauze lying on my desk, so after adhering it to my background, it inspired me to use the lovely Lost Coast Mermaid Fairy stamp. I wrote the words with acrylic paint through a fine nozzle, added some bubbles, and finished with gold Krylon pen splatters.


It's a rainy day here, so I haven't managed my daily walk yet, but I did make it to the charity shop with a car boot full of stuff, cleared out by my girly when she moved out. It doesn't seem to be clearing up, so I'm off to find my raincoat. A bit of rain never hurt anybody!

Thanks for dropping by,

Alison xox

12 comments:

  1. Lovely page - enjoy your walk. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're having gray skies, but the rain moved on. Fall weather, I guess. Fairy mermaids like those are up for a bit of wet, though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic page- I like how you wrote over the netting! Another wowser linked to Yvonne's theme Alison! Thank you very much! I hope you had a nice walk in the rain!
    Big hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous page love the use of gauze never though of using that in my journal--we actually had sun today
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you use the net in the background , it creates a really super texture. It is a fantastic page and those mermaid fairies look like they are having fun.

    Thank you for adding another awesome page to Art Journal Journey.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a cool stamp. I have it also and I think I need to dig it out and use it. Your page is cool and that was a smart background technique! Hope your week is going well. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this page! we were lucky here and missed the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow,love this page,the mermaid stamps are so cool.
    happy day,dear alison.

    hugs jenny

    ReplyDelete
  9. I actually like the rain. My hair curls even more when it rains.

    But most of all I like your mermaid fairies. Now that's a fantasy I can sink my teeth into. I also loved the background with the gauze. It's a fairy mermaid fantasy that is perfect for Yvonne's theme at Art Journal Journey, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A wonderful page Alison, I love your mermaid fairies.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What fun and what fab texture! Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love walking in the rain, the air always seen so fresh ...lol 😉. Your mermaid fairies made me smile, they look adorable! Your netting background and writing with the fine line nozzle are amazing too 😁. Enjoy your day! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.