Monday 10 September 2018

A Trip To Portugal

Hi Everyone! It's an imaginary trip to Portugal in my art journal today, for Yvonne's A World Of Fantasy Challenge at Art Journal Journey. I've only visited Portugal the once, and I can't even remember the name of the place where I stayed! It was a fun weekend with some girlfriends, one of whom has a holiday home there.


I created a background using some PaperArtsy Fresco Acrylic paints, made some marks, then added journaling, tea stained gauze, some of my recent teabag art, and a Tim Holtz phrase sticker. I finished with splatters of black, white and gold, using paint pens.


I'm impatiently waiting in for a parcel for my daughter to be delivered today. Hoping it comes soon, so that I can make the most of the fine weather, and go for a walk.

Hope you're having a happy Monday!

Alison xox

12 comments:

  1. Wonderful journal page, lovely colours and great how you used the gauze to add texture. Have a fun afternoon, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving these Alison, really eye catching colours and layers. Tracy ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the design of this, the shapes and textures and how they're arranged. Packages are fun; waiting for delivery not so much. I hope you got your walk in. Fine weather shouldn't be wasted inside ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is fabulous!! I hope your parcel arrived, and you were able to go for your walk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous page love the gauze -teabags and all the splatters-hope you managed your walk
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the textures, materials and the colours on your awesome page Alison.
    It was super how you used your teabag art as well.
    I have a few fantasy destinations as well, your trip to Portugal sounds like it was/would be fun. Thank you for sharing another great page for the theme at Art Journal Journey.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That page is gorgeous and reminds me of Portugal, even though I have never been there. I guess it reminds me of photos I have seen of Portugal. I love your piece. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful page alison,i love the gauze and super textures,love it!
    happy day,dear alison.

    hugs jenny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous added elements & gorgeous pops of red again, I'm thinking this is a hint to wanting to go back to Portugal.. hee hee! Hope that parcel arrived, i'm kept prisoner many days waiting in for parcels for my rabble and the neighbours too!
    Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOw- what a stunning psge again dear Alison! You never cease to amaze me! A wonderful entry for the fantasty theme at AJJ! Thank you very much ! Happy day, enjoy the nice weather!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not sure how I missed this post, Alison. I was offline all day yesterday, so that may be why. I adore how you embellished this with the gauze and the tea bags. This is a gem. Thanks for sharing it with us at Art Journal Journey.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love everything about this page Alison.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.