Thursday 13 September 2018

Meteor Shower?

Evening Everyone! The sun has been shining here again today, it still is at 6pm, and it was actually quite warm as I headed to the Co-Op with my shopping trolly this afternoon.

When I returned, I got my paints and journal out, and created another 'Fantasy' page for Art Journal Journey. It started off as a garden, but now I'm thinking meteor shower. Lol!


I prepped my page with gesso, using a palette knife, then added some blue and green Fresco paint with my finger. I used a baby wipe to take off some of the paint, and you can see where it wiped off more easily from the gessoed parts. Then I cut some circles from collage paper, and mounted the larger three onto teabags before gluing them to the page. Doodles and gold and white splatters were added, using paint pens.


On my way to the garden to take my photos, I spotted this adorable sleepy fox enjoying a doze in our long grass.


Unfortunately, I disturbed him, but I managed another photo before he ran off.


Thanks for visiting,

Alison xox

12 comments:

  1. This is such an adorable page ! I love your cheerful meteor shower !
    And wow.. you got amazing shots of the fox! Fabulous!
    Thank you for yet another fantastic entry linked to Yvonne's fun theme and happy evening and start tomorrow!
    Hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your meteor shower! it makes a great fun page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your fabulous meteor shower page Alison, thats the thing I like about this theme, our fantasy can take us anywhere. You may have started thinking of the garden, but you took us to a a different and equally wonderful place. I am thrilled you added this to AJJ.
    I loved the photos of the sleepy fox, he looked very comfortable in your garden.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous page and added teabags-love all the doodles and splatters-great pics of the fox
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool thing to see. That fox is so cute! And I really like your page. You can't go wrong with circles. I especially love your title. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the journal page. Great shots of the fox, our garden in London was always full of them! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful mixed media page - started off as a garden and ended as a meteor shower, how cool!
    The fox in your garden is very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Aj page is so vibrant and cool!
    Such a pretty guest, looks like it loves your garden :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely a meteor shower! :)

    We have foxes here, though not of course on our little patio. I've seen them at the cemetery and at nature centers and public gardens here. I trust they're keeping the rodent population down. Your fox looks quite content with that sunny garden spot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your meteor page is beautiful! I love the lines of splatters from the paint pens, so cool 😁. Your sleepy fox is adorable too. Creative wishes! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely meteor colours, and such a sweet fox enjoying the sunshine.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.