Sunday 9 September 2018

Art Journal Journey - A World Of Fantasy

Hello Folks! I hope you've all had a lovely weekend. Mine has been good. Yesterday I visited a local animal rescue sanctuary, where I'm going to volunteer a couple of mornings a week. They have a wide variety of domestic, livestock and exotic animals, and I'm going to be cleaning out and feeding the rabbits and guinea pigs. I'm looking forward to cuddles with the many cats too. I can't wait!

And, today I have an art journal page to share with you, for Art Journal Journey


My page background was created at the same time as THIS ONE a few of days ago. I didn't want to cover it too much, so I found a quote on the web and used acrylic paint through a fine nozzle to write it out, then outlined it with a white Posca paint pen.


Wishing you all a wonderful week ahead,

Alison xox

8 comments:

  1. Wow Alison , this is an awesome background and the quote you found looks wonderful. I love how you painted and highlighted it onto your page. Thank you so much for adding this to my theme at Art Journal Journey.
    It sounds like you will be volunteering in a very interesting sanctuary and I am sure you will be enjoying it as well. Looking after and caring for the animals will be so rewarding. .
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rabbits and guinea pigs? Sounds like a fun place to volunteer :) I still remember the noises the guinea pigs made when they heard me chopping veggies. Sweet babies :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you will enjoy your volunteering--now if you had said you could have come here we have 3cats.a dog,bearded dragon,gecko,2 hamsters,a rabbit,3 chickens,4 ducks and an injured crow plenty to keep you occupied lol.
    Fabulous journal page and love the brilliant quote and how you painted it
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you for volunteering. I keep thinking about what I shall do when I retire in 2 years. There's so many possibilities. Another great piece of art today. The quote is super. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. How I LOVE that background, Alison. It is beautiful and goes so well with your sentiment/quote. It's a gem and I'm delighted you chose to share it with us at Art Journal Journey.

    How sweet of you to volunteer at the animal rescue sanctuary. It's definitely a very noble cause.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fantastic page with a wonderful quote and exciting news! This sounds great with your new volunteering at the animal rescue sanctuary!
    such a good cause to share love ♥♥♥ enjoy it!
    Thank you for a fantastic entry for AJJ and have a great start into the new week!
    Hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  7. That quote is fabulous Alison, loving all the posca doodles looks smashing on that sumptuous background. The Voluntary works sounds awesome..
    Enjoy those cuddles Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful page and the quote is fabulous too! Your new volunteering sounds wonderful, what a great thing to do 😁. We had a good weekend too with our visitors, lots of walking as we have a doggie staying too ...lol 😉. Wishing you a happy new week! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.