Monday 16 July 2018

365 Somethings - Week 28

Hello Everyone! It's still sweltering here (for the UK anyway). I've been hiding indoors, apart from popping the tortoises out into their garden pen, and topping up the water in the bird bath. I caught up with two of my favourite TV shows this morning, The Handmaid's Tale and Agents Of Shield, then I decorated my seven teabags for week 28 of the 365 Somethings Challenge.


I started by adding a base and some stencilled designs, using my large Gelli Plate and PaperArtsy Fresco Acrylics. I added some splashes of black Bombay Ink, then printed with plastic aida and Snowflake Fresco. I pulled a beautiful ghost print from the Gelli Plate, on which I stamped the Finnabair butterflies. The Finnabair phrases were stamped on the edge of a book page, cut out, then glued to the teabags along with the butterflies.


Here's the ghost Gelli Print I stamped the butterflies on. The masks I used are by PaperArtsy and Carabelle Studio.


Wishing you all a happy and creative Monday!

Alison xox

15 comments:

  1. Wonderful teabags! It's very hot here, too, don't know where to put mself just now! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear I feel for you, Alison. As I was just now commenting to Gill, I have a whole house air conditioner and a window unit for my office electronics that can get very hot. If my whole house AC went out, I'd live in my office with the cats until winter arrived.

    More unique and unusual tea bags this week. I LOVE how you work each week in a series. These with the butterflies are out of this world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow amazing teabags again ! YOu never cease to amaze me with them!
    Wonderful!

    So sorry to hear about this long heatwave! keep cool my friend!
    Hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, love the touches of blue . Lovely colour choice ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous teabag art, you have so many super ideas for adding details to these small pieces.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful teabags, the colours are lovely.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are beautiful Alison <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous teabags love the little butterflies and gelli print--sorry thought it was a JP on FB my mistake--and finally ---we have rain thankfully -never thought I would be saying that !!!
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you had a good day even if it was really hot. I love these tea bags- they remind me of roman mosaics. Hope you cool off soon. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your teabags look fabulous Alison x Love the colours and the butterflies are the perfect addition x Love the stencilling on your jelly plate...I really must try to play with my GP...never have enough time!!

    TFS and thank you for the lovely comment on my blog xx

    Hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, just as I think that you can't create better teabag art, you go and do it again ...lol 😉. These are stunning, I love the colours with the white circular stamping and the pretty butterflies - amazing! It seems a lot cooler today up in the North West where we are, we were down south for the wedding this weekend and it was hot and sunny 😁. Hope you are staying cool! Have a lovely day! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  12. So love your teabags, Alison, they are filled with beauty and wonderful details !!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. You really are the Queen of Teabag Art - these are really gorgeous.
    Love the colours and butterflies and your gelli print is really lovely.
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm enjoying so much your pretty teabag art. And I love the ghost print as well, gorgeous background for AJ :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.