Wednesday 7 July 2021

52 Weeks Art Journal - Week 27 - Botanical

 Hello All.

This week Michelle of Raspberry Blue Sky has given us the prompt Botanical for her 52 Weeks Art Journal Challenge on Instagram.

Here's my page, which also works well for Alison's Summer Countryside theme at Art Journal Journey.


I've used some painted muslin pieces on my page, that I created using DeeDee Catron's tutorial on Willa Wanders' Collage Fodder free course. 

Below are some other pieces of fabric that I altered, using stencils, acrylic paint and a couple of my hand-carved stamps. The muslin I used had been stained with tea previously, and was just waiting to be transformed. Look out for pieces of these appearing on my bird-themed index cards ;-)


Thanks so much for dropping by today,

Hugs,

Alison xox

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful pages! I love how you used the muslin and your summery flowers remind me of the countryside - perfect 😁. I hope you're having a lovely week! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you introduce texture into your page - lovely and summery.
    Hugs, neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How stunning. The use of muslin in your journal page works so very well. I love how you altered the other muslin, too. But yur great botanicals are fabulous for Alison's theme at Art Journal Journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice that your Raspberry Blue Sky prompt fits the AJJ challenge. Nice page, and I can see some printed fabric there too. And I love your tea stained fabric. I will be looking for it. Hope your week is going well. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous page and wonderful fabric paintings. Thanks for joining us again at AJJ! Have a great day! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really stunning page - you already know I love it - and those fabric fragments are beautiful too. Lovely to have you joining us in the Summer Countryside!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful page and I love how you used the fabric, its a wonderful inapiration for the AJJ theme, thank you for linking.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful Botanical page love the decorated material too
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed DeeDee's segment too and really love seeing the ideas used in another style. Yours is AMAZING! What a fabulous page with such great texture added by the cloth strips. Big hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your have created a beautiful background for the botanical drawing. I really love this one!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous imaginative journal page with the pieces of cloth and book page. Very nicely thought out!
    Have a good time, hugs Elke

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! What a brilliant page, the plants and the texture you have created with the fabric are wonderful! A great page for Alison's theme! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A very organic page and how cool to alter the fabric strips! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.