Monday 8 October 2018

Warm and Cuddly Aliens?

Morning All! For today's 31 Product Challenge, I got out my acrylic inks. I used mostly Amsterdam Inks, but one was Liquitex. I'm going to try not to let these gather dust again, as they look fabulous!


I started with some pieces of book page, covering them with a thin layer of gesso. Then I drew circles, using the acrylic ink droppers, lifting my journal to let the the inks drip. I then spritzed with water and let that drip too. I used permanent red violet light, azo orange, reflex yellow, and deep gold Amsterdam inks, and quinacridone magenta Liquitex ink. I finished with some book text, layered on gold mesh.


My son reckoned he could see aliens in this. Well, we did watch the first episode of the new Doctor Who together last night! It/She was amazing by the way! ;-)

I'm linking my warm and cuddly aliens to Linda's Creature Comforts Challenge at Art Journal Journey.

Happy Monday to you all!

Alison xox

13 comments:

  1. Your warm and cuddly Aliens are brilliant - I love how vibrant these inks are- a fantastic page ALison! Great to see you linking another gorgeous page to this month's AJJ collection! Happy Monday! Hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are wonderful, Alison- I see them also as angels !! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen the new Doctor Who yet, but I see the aliens :) What a fun connection lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, these are marvelous looking creatures that came to form from your journal play!! Perfect for the Creature Comforts theme. Thanks for joining AJJ yet again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful page! The way the colours have blended is amazing and I can see the aliens that your son refers too - such fun and perfect for Dr. Who too 😀. Happy Monday! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its a fabulous page and yes I can see figures but to me they are not aliens , if they are they would be friendly.
    Saw the new Doctor Who last night as well, I think its going to be a good series.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous page and colours I saw the figures straight away before I read your title --definitely friendly lol
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. The first time I heard of acrylic inks was on another friend's blog. I still don't know what they are, but I adore the slightly spooky aliens you created using these acrylic inks. It was also fun to see that you had shred another journal page with us at Art Journal Journey.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They do look great. I love how they are abstract and do feel like aliens. But certainly aliens full of joyful color. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  10. this looks great,super aliens page,love the abstract style.
    the colors beautiful too.
    happy new week.

    hugs jenny

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your alien page, the colours are yummy. I loved the first episode of Dr Who and looking forward to the rest of the episodes.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my...love your bright cuddly aliens..stunning art journal page!! Xoxo Heike

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic. Loooove this. Just sent you a zillion pins. That is what it reminds me of :) Need to pick your brains about inks. I have been looking at some lately and they all seem a bit of an investment! Not sure which ones are best.
    Hugs Flo xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.