Thursday 11 October 2018

365 Somethings - Week 40

Hi Everyone! I forgot all about my teabags this week, only remembered today! So here's my teabag art for week 40 of the 365 Somethings Challenge.


I still had my acrylic inks out from my last post, so after I'd prepped the bags with white gesso, I brayered some brightly coloured inks onto them. Then I added one drop of black acrylic ink to each bag, and had a lot of fun tipping them to let the ink run randomly in different directions. I used a white paint pen to add marks, then finished with splatters of gold acrylic ink.

I'm still doing the 31 Products Challenge, but at the moment I'm building up a page with different products daily, so I'll share the steps when it's finished.

Thanks for visiting,

Alison xox



9 comments:

  1. These look great Alison love the bright colours and the white doodling looks brilliant against the random black marks
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh - they are so cheerful Alison!
    Happy weekend ahead!
    Hugs Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really bright and beautiful. Have a great evening, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bright happy colours, its a wonderful selection of teabag art today Alison.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've done a super job of coming up with different styles of tea bags all year. Love your bright colors here. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Alison i've missed so much, you were the the last on my list today to visit before bedtime and as i've scrolled down i'm amazed by the amount of arty projects that have escaped me during the 10 days of nursing the sick.
    So this will be one big comment hee hee.. Or I may get blocked for spamming.
    Love those fresco tea bags, the paints seem to love those Tea stained papers. My fav's have to be the washi taped ones further down.
    I always admire how you dive in deep with these daily challenges as I would never be able to keep up as much as I would love too there is always something else or someone else to distract me or need my attention.
    Your journal pages are ever expressive, the gel beads give a very tactile effect. Thank you for a lovely read this morning, I will sleep soundly now I know I have managed finally get here.
    Big Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I first saw these, I thought of germs or other images you might find under a microscope. This was such a fun and different series this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such fabulous teabag art, your bright colours and drips made me smile 😁. I hope you are keeping well and are having a lovely week! We have been away on holiday for a couple of weeks so I'm now playing catch up ...lol 😉. Happy Friday and wishing you a wonderful weekend! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super tea bags Ali. When I first saw them on fb I thought they where people doing acrobatics. Lovely bright colours and those little splashes of gold. Great effect.
    Hugs Flo xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.