Sunday 2 January 2022

Little Moments...

...is the theme today for Junk Journal January.

You may know that I'm an avid birdwatcher. We had a great start to the new year on our morning walk yesterday. First I spotted a Sparrowhawk, then some Long-Tailed Tits, then amazingly, a beautiful Red Kite was circling over the village. Luckily Hubby had his camera with him, although he wasn't quick enough to catch the Tits. I also spotted 4 Buzzards circling the field near our house, on our return. They were a bit too far away for a decent photo though. It was a good day for spotting birds of prey!



Here's a thirsty Jay who visited our bird bath for a drink on Boxing Day. Daughter and her boyfriend couldn't understand why I got so excited. 😁

And here's me yesterday, climbing a field to see some Crows.

And here's my Day 2 Junk Journal January page, the prompt for which was 'Little Moments'.


Thanks for dropping by today.

Hugs,

Alison

9 comments:

  1. I know how you feel we had a rare sighting of a kestrel sat on our garden fence last week! Love all the pics and the comment about your hubby made me laugh not sure if that was intentional lol.oops nearly forgot great journal page too with the teabag centre stage
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I bet you were scratching your head with this post. You can blame Squiggles. He reached up and hit the "enter" button on the edge of the keyboard. When he did, I screamed. He jumped and tipped over the computer tower. It knocked out several cables (all except 1) and it took me forever to figure out which went where, since Scott set it up for me initially. Lesson learned: feed him when he starts begging and reaching up on the keyboard.

      Now to finish what I was saying before. I love the various birds you sighted and your husband photographed. Laughed at the tits, though.

      This is a beautiful little moments journal entry with the bird stamp and the teabag. I think this will be a great challenge for you this month, Alison.

      Delete
  3. Very organic and lovely page. I'm not an avid bird watcher but for a long while we had an owl couple that would sit on our electric lines at the back of our property every single evening. Honey and I became birdwatchers then, it was really cool. He is a stargazer and knows all of the constellations. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are great bird shots and great views on your walk. And i like how you used the circle on your journal page with the birds flying around it. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a fabulous journal page! you are very lucky being able to see so many amazing birds - too built up here for anything quite so "exotic" Happy New Year. let's hope 2022 may allow us to catch up at a show somewhere.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful bird photos, little moments of joy indeed! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are wonderful photos and a nice journal page.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love this reflective journal page and learning about your passion for bird watching, what fun! I love to see birds too and admire them everywhere, but have never been good with remembering names of anything (my poor kids.. ha ha) but seriously this is one of my favorites of yours and such a great way to kick off a new year of journaling. You are such an inspiration! xx, Autumn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.