Tuesday 18 May 2021

Crochet and Carvings

 Hello All.

I don't often share my crochet projects here, even though I constantly have a hook in my hand when I'm not getting painty. So here are a few of my recent makes.

I love making colourful crochet baskets to keep my yarn and projects in. It's a great way to use up odd scraps of yarn.

My daughter recently asked me to make something for her boyfriend's baby nephew Ernie. I crocheted a blanket and a little elephant comforter. I took the photo on my phone, and unfortunately it seems a little fuzzy.

Then she asked if I could crochet something for Ernie's older brother Arthur, who turns two this month. I found a pattern for a cute robot. When you open his chest flap, there is a heart shaped button hiding beneath.

Little Arthur is also a big Gruffalo fan, so I crocheted him a Gruffalo hat too. I'd never seen The Gruffalo, so I needed to do lots of research on this one.



 Our daughter came to visit at the weekend with her boyfriend. It was lovely to see her and hug her again, and to finally meet him. She met him online last Summer, when we were in lockdown for the first time. 

I've been carving some more stamps too. I needed some hedgehogs for a cute couple getting hitched this Summer.


And this plait was inspired by an image I saw on Instagram.


I'm hoping to do some art journaling this week, so I'll be back soon.

Thanks for dropping by,

Alison xox



8 comments:

  1. Wow, you are so talented! I was amazed with all the crochet pieces, the baskets are amazing and the little elephant on the baby blanket and gruffalo hat are perfect 😀. Loving that hedgehog stamp too, so sweet! Wishing you a lovely new week! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much crocheted beauties Alison. Those bag are beautiful. I learned as a knitter, so crochet always feel weird using only 1 needle. Love the colors. You are always having arty fun I think. Hope all is well. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow I really love all of your crochet projects, the toys are too sweet. and I really love your stamps hedgehogs are too cute hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic crocheting, I still want a gruffalo! One of these days I'll tr it again. Love the stamps, too. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all your beautiful crochet projects especially the little elephant comforter-love your new stamps too
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow your crocheting is magnificent. Ohhh like it would be anything but? LOL Gorgeous work indeed. Ohhh yeah and the stamps too. Can't stop looking at the baskets.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the crochet, some of it like the Amigurumi, I find challenging lol, yours all look amazing. I made one of those baskets and turned it into a bag, and another into a cat basket. Really love the hedgehog stamps too. Elle xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely stamps! Amazing crochet works, specially love what you made for Arthur and the elephant comforter for Ernie. Brilliant!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.