Wednesday 5 May 2021

Art Journal Calendar - May 2021

 Hello All!

We've had a mixed bag of weather here today. Fortunately, it was fine until late afternoon. I went walking with Hubby on the golf course first thing, and then with my Mum and Dad and our River Walkers group later in the morning. I love the river walk, especially now with all the river birds having their chicks. Here are the Egyptian Geese and Coot families. Aren't they adorable?!


Back to the title of my post. Here is my May art journal calendar spread. I'm linking it to Elle's Language theme at Art Journal Journey. I think the theme of my spread could be the language of colour, as I do love my brights. I've also used PaperArtsy script stamps on the tickets, and scribble journaled around the edge of my spread. Or maybe it's the language of those two birds, chatting away at the bottom of the page.


I used my Gelli Plate with PaperArtsy Fresco Acrylic paints to make the colourful background, and the tickets were sprayed with pink Dylusions ink.

I used some Dina Wakley stamps, and also one of my hand-carved stamps. It's our birthdays and anniversary month in May, so I used a couple of Dina's bird stamps for us lovebirds 😍 It'll be our 30th anniversary next week.

Before I go, here is my April spread with those Easter eggs all filled out with daily walks and lots of arty time.

Thanks for visiting me today,

Alison xox





13 comments:

  1. The weather might have been weird but those birds and their babies are wonderful. That was a nice find. Nice calendars too. I like your colors and birds for May. And I see your stamps too. Thanks so much for linking up to Elle's challenge also. Hope you have good weather tomorrow and another exciting walk. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alison. These are lovely photos. In fact great shots for sure. Your journal calendar is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you sharing the lovely photos, it's great time for bird watching.
    Love your colorful calendar pages backgrounds. I hope they will be full of happy things over the year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your beautiful pages for April and May, they are so full of happy colours. Glad you got out for a walk by the river, thanks for sharing the photos, so beautiful! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think those birds are adorable. It was nice you were able to see them on your walk by the river. The babies are SO cute.

    I look at your incredible calendar and see how much better yours is than mine. I love your newest calendar page. Those tickets are incredible. Just LOVE them. And I love your take on language, too, dear. Thanks for sharing this with us at Art Journal Journey using Elle's theme.

    Happy 30th Anniversary next week. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is great to see the ducks, swans and geese with their young. We had our eye on a couple of swans that are nesting. Your calendar looks great wth these wonderful colours - those lovebirds are perfect for your anniversary month. Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colourful pages and nature pics- a great place for a walk
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So lovely to see the geese and foot families! Those little coots are super cute, they look like black balls of fluff ...lol 😀. Gorgeous calender journal pages too, lovely and bright for May. Happy wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Alison, love the bright colours on your page, and so many options for language too. Thanks for joining me for the Language theme at Art Journal Journey this month Elle xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Forgot to say, I also love those geese, don't think I've seen that kind before! Elle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Always a treat to see your calendar pages! Love the colors and the birds on May! They go well with your lovely bird pictures too. Impressive to see April all done too. I think I wrote twice in my April - lol! Super art!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That Bubblegum Pink (?) looks great against that blue/green background. Quite a striking set of pages and the birds are adorable,
    Not so adorable as the ones yu showed us from your River Walk - how lovely, must go to our park and see if the ducklings have arrived there.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.