Sunday 4 April 2021

Happy Easter and an Easter Garden Safari

 Happy Easter to all those who celebrate it!

Our church decided to hold an Easter Garden Safari this year, with 8 artists from the church creating art relating to a part of the Easter story in 8 front gardens (actually 7 because the last one was at the church). The route to view all of the gardens is about 3 miles, so not too taxing.

I was asked to be one of the artists, and I also volunteered our garden.  Here are some photos of my Easter Garden Art.




I used some of our collection of used beer bottle caps to create the flowers, then glued them to kebab sticks.

A close up of my mixed media artwork of The Last Supper, created on a paving slab. I cut out pictures of bread, and glasses and bottles of wine, to create collages for the bread and goblet.

This bible passage was my inspiration. I hope you can read it just about. It's Matthew 26, verses 26-28.

I created the bunting using collages of torn pieces of gel prints, then cut out the flowers using a template, and hand-wrote the letters with a black Posca Paint Pen.

Here are a few examples of the wonderful art created by the other artists from my church. 

I love this beautiful painting of Jesus riding into Jerusalem on a donkey!

This stunning piece symbolises Jesus washing the Disciples feet. It was created on the same type of paving slab that I used. The ripples on the slab work perfectly for the water.

The fabulous collage on the church doors is created with buttons and tiny glass nuggets and tiles.

A beautiful depiction of the scene at the cross.

A wonderful display showing Jesus' love for us all.

And a beautiful painting of Jesus praying in The Garden Of Gethsemane.

I must admit that although it was a great honour to be asked to take part in this wonderful Easter activity, the best thing for me has been seeing and chatting to the people and young families that have visited my garden over the last few days. I didn't realise how much I had missed talking to people face to face, at a distance of course! And it's so lovely to see the children's happy faces when I offer them a small chocolate Easter egg 😄

I hope you're having a lovely Easter weekend.

Thanks for visiting,

Alison xox




8 comments:

  1. What a great idea and love all the artwork and projects-love the banners and your Last Supper on the paving slab
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is remarkable. I was most impressed that each home that participated became part of a larger message which culminated at the church. You can truly be proud of your part of this garden tour. I like the bottle top flowers, too. So glad you got to participate and interact with real humans. That is something I definitely miss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made a wonderful display in your garden, and glad you had visitors who appreciated it. A great idea to celebrATE Easter this way in these difficult times! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful idea, especially now because it is art outside. Your bottle cap flowers are fabulous, so colourful and also waterproof and I love the colourful bunting which must have taken some time to make. I enjoyed the tour round the other gardens too, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what amazing artworks! I love how it celebrates Easter and I would have loved to have walked the route to see it in person 😀. Your makes are amazing and so beautifully created, the stone painting is stunning! I didn't realise I missed chatting with people either until we went to our friends and sat in their garden (as per the new lockdown restrictions) having takeout and some bubbly for my birthday, we had such a wonderful time! Take care and Happy Easter blessings! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea. You created some amazing pieces Alison. And so much variation too. Those bottle cap flowers are adorable and you might be able to leave them up after Easter. You had your creative thinking cap on-smile. I enjoyed seeing it all. And thanks for letting me know about your round stamp. I haven't heard of that material, but very cool, and a nice way to get a perfect circle. Happy new week Alison. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely post! Love that everyone created such a variety scenes! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now I know what the bunting was being made for, what a lovely way to celebrate Easter Alison and a real honour to be amongst all those chosen artists. I feel so proud for you. Must have been an extra special day seeing the visitors to your garden, what grand displays they all are. I can imagine you had a sore throat after the chatting hee hee.
    Thank you for taking us on this special journey with you Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.