Friday 2 October 2020

Art Journal Calendar - October 2020

 Hi Everyone! 

Today I have my October calendar to share with you. But first let me show you my September calendar all filled out with my daily activities. Lots of daily walks and art, as always!


And now here is my calendar for October.


I started with a layer of sewing pattern tissue, then applied some paint and used the reductive stencilling technique to reveal the tissue beneath.


Next, I used some of my lovely friend Florence's fabulous mark-making stamps from Crafty Individuals, to create some interest on the background. Flo kindly gifted the stamps to me, she's such a generous friend!


I used Flo's larger circle ring image with pink paint to create my journalling circles, then stamped the centre solid circle with yellow paint. 

I wrote the title with a black Posca paint pen, and added some white pen dots to the journalling circles and wording. 

Finally, I used a HB pencil to scribble around the circles, and a black Stabilo All pencil and water to create a dark watercolour frame around my pages.


I'm linking my calendar to Chris' Hold The Line theme at Art Journal Journey.

Thank you so much for visiting, I hope you all have a happy and peaceful weekend.

Alison xx


11 comments:

  1. Love your collages pages, beautiful work. Thanks so much for joining us at AJJ, much appreciated. Have a great October! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your calendar pages are beautiful-love them Happy Friday and new month

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice October calendar Alison. I love the background and all those colors. They work together well. Nice lines too. Thanks for joining in with Chris' challenge at AJJ. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Alison, I love how you took us through how you made this month's calendar pages. I still say you put my calendar pages to shame. I absolutely adore the colors, the circles, and the lines you created using Chris's theme at Art Journal Journey. thanks for this beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your collages pages are wonderful and imaginative!!!
    Have a beautiful weekend, Elke

    ReplyDelete
  6. Setpember looks lovely and calm with lots of activity and October looks very jolly. That would be very nice to fill in each day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous October pages and very impressed you actually fill them all in
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. September sounded like bliss to me, walks & arty days.. I'm longing for those two to come together. Can't believe it's October already. Lovely used of your friends stamps, circles really are that hug we are all waiting for. Have fun filling each day in.. Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for linking your calendar pages with us over at Art Journal Journey, it looks like you had a busy September.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful calender pages! Such gorgeous colours and I loved seeing how they came together with all those layers - amazing 😁. Happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.