Wednesday 5 August 2020

Live Life Gently

Hi Everyone!

I made another page for my Pockets and Tags theme at Art Journal Journey.


My substrate is a gel print I made recently with some heart-shaped leaves I found on one of my walks. You can just about make them out if you look carefully. I added some torn pieces of painty paper and a teabag packet, popped a shipping tag and teabag tag in the pocket, then used Dina Wakley's Sunburst stencil with Primary Cyan paint. I scribbled some black pen journaling, attached a little heart-shaped leaf to the pocket, then added my hand-written words 'Live Life Gently'. I finished with some black paint splashes.

I hope you're all having a good week,

Alison xx

9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful page Alison, love the great background and colours. Have a great evening! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well done, Alison. I absolutely LOVE the background and the tea bag pocket with the heart shaped leaf. You come up with adorable and inspiring ideas for your theme at AJJ, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the blue and orange. Yesterday my daughter and I went out to get some fabric to make some more masks. I picked all orange and blue. Guess were on the same color wavelength. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it when I see complimentary colours used in artwork and you have done just that and it shows them off perfectly. Great pocket using a teabag - I have a drawer full of teabags so I must get one used on a journal page like this.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful page and lovely colours, I realy like the sentiment you added to this inspirational page for your AJJ theme.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great your abstract art, you can always do that very well. These are great photos!
    It's great that your granddaughter got a flight, I wish her all the best and take care of you, hugs Elke

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love it this way your journal page
    Beautifully designed!
    Greetings Elke

    ReplyDelete
  8. You already know I love this one - that teabag tag is just adorable, and of course the teabag envelope is the perfect pocket.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great use of the teabag wrapper it's instant as a pocket. Nice colourway & I love the wee heart shaped leaf, good find Alison.
    Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.