Friday 14 August 2020

Hope Is A Waking Dream

Hi Everyone! I have another art journal page for my Pockets and Tags theme at Art Journal Journey.


I started by gluing some teabags to my kraft page, then scraped on some blue paint, and stamped some script with turquoise paint.

The tag was from my stash, and has a PaperArtsy Infusions Ink background on it I think. I popped an empty teabag into a tea packet, and stapled it to the tag, then sewed on a concertinaed teabag at the bottom. I tied on some orange ribbon, then sewed across that too, then glued the tag onto my page.

The title is from PaperArtsy Sara Naumann stamp set ESN10, as are the white circles. I finished with turquoise and orange paint splatters.


Wishing you all a wonderful weekend,

Thanks for visiting,

Alison xox

12 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Alison! Love the pleated teabag especially! The colours are wonderful (oh! those splashes of orange!) and the words are lovely! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous journal page love all the paint and concertina teabag-brilliant
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look how fab that paint stands out on those teabags they really are a fab surface to paint on great idea to paste them to the Kraft page. Lovely splats and scrapes alongside your stitched pocket.
    I'll be along to play over the weekend, I have a page to share just need time to blog it... no teabags sadly but maybe see what I can do on Sunday my playday. Take care & thanks for all the lovelies you've shared, I've enjoyed hopping around this evening HUgs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous journal page, love the colours and the paint splatters. Have a nice weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really beautiful in shapes and colors.
    Happy weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, such a beautiful page! The colours look gorgeous together and I love how you used the teabag pouch as a pocket - perfect 😀. I hope you're enjoying the hot weather and staying cool if needed. Happy weekend! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE all the splatters on the background and tag Alison. And super quote too. This is a fantasstic page for the latest AJJ challenge you are hosting. Hope you have a super weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is again an imaginative, work of art journal, great idea the design with the seams and tea bags, splashes of paint, i love this!
    Greetings Elke

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful page and inspiration for your AJJ theme a super pleated teabag and I loved the quotes you used.
    Stay safe.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope is a waking dream is a lovely quote and you have given us another wonderful journal page. I do like how you use teabags so much. I should get my supply out again and do something once more. I love the turquoise you used and with the orange it looks fab! My favourite bit, if i had to choose, would be the pleated teabag - ingenious!
    hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.