Sunday 2 February 2020

February 2020 Art Journal Calendar

Hi Everyone! I hope you've all had a lovely weekend. It's been quite a busy one here. A nice woodland walk to have a cuppa with some friends on Saturday, then cleaning out my guinea piggies. Church this morning, then time for some art this afternoon. 

I finally got time to make my February art journal calendar spread, and I'm linking it to Elizabeth & Bleubeard's Hearts theme at Art Journal Journey.


I collaged some torn book and music pages, then scraped some gesso over the top.


The hearts were all hand cut from gel prints. I used my glass dip pen and Bombay India ink to write the title, and also a Mr Darcy quote from the film Pride and Prejudice, not actually in Jane Austen's novel.


And finally, here's my January calendar all filled out. It hasn't been a great month, lots of ailments, including a stye which still hasn't cleared up after 3 1/2 weeks! Hopefully February will be better.


Thanks for dropping by,

Alison xox

13 comments:

  1. First, I am in awe of your completed January entry, Alison. It's wonderful to see it all filled in with white ink. I hope the stye clears soon. I imagine that can be quite painful.

    LOVE all those hand cut hearts. Yours are so beautiful from the colorful gelli prints. That's exciting. Thanks for sharing these with us at Art Journal Journey using Bleubeard's and my theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a wonderful hearts calendar. How pleasant it will be to have a heart to fill in each day. The text background is the perfect foil.
    Your two day weekend sounds very pleasant indeed, including looking after the guinea piggies.
    I've read Pride and Prejudice a good few times and I don't recall Mr. Darcy saying these words. Certainly time to read it again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the idea of cutted heart, the look beautiful. And I love the romantic feel that Mr.Darcys words make to me 💜






    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new calendar, have some happy days filling it! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Alison! I really love the style of your design and all those fantastic hearts.
    Great pages! Mar :

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your calendar pages-awesome idea and thanks for the tip with the gesso-I am learning mixed media techniques from all of you. Happy Sunday and welcome in February-hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice hearts. I like this calendar. It is so full of those happy hearts. glad February has started out well for you. Thanks for linking this up to Elizabeth's challenge at ARt Journal Journey. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great calendar page Alison. I love all the beautiful heart shapes you created for the month and the word sentiment you added is lovely.
    Thank you for linking with our latest theme over at Art Journal Journey.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my gosh, I love how you do your months like this! Very inspiring. Love the hearts. HOpe that stye gets cleared up fast!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, lovely - from the book page background to the colourful hearts to the Darcy film words beautifully hand-written. Almost a shame to fill it in!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great collaged background -beautiful gel print hearts and love the words.Great to see January page filled sorry to hear about all the ailments
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous way to make your calendar pages! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.