Monday 17 February 2020

Be Still My Beating Heart

Morning my lovelies! I have another art journal page to share today, for Elizabeth & Bleubeard's Heart theme at Art Journal Journey.


I used a canvas page in my Dina Wakley art journal. I scraped on some white acrylic, then added the green colour with Faber-Castell markers, blending them with a wet paintbrush. 

Then I added some marks with Posca paint pens. I handcut some different sized hearts from gel prints, outlined with scribbly black lines, and journaled in the centre with a black Posca pen then a white gel pen. 

The shadow around the large heart was made using a black Posca paint pen, then blended out with a wet paintbrush. I finished with some splatters and multiple date stamping.


Wishing you all a happy and creative week,

Alison xox

12 comments:

  1. Another fab page Alison, love your heart! Have a great week, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous heart. Your art always makes me happy Alison. This page is a very happy one. Thanks for sharing it with us at AJJ. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was blown away by this page, Alison. I love the background, but the way you created the heart was incredible. I never would have thought to use multiple hearts, but I don't have any gelli papers. These hearts within hearts made me smile. Thank you beyond belief for sharing this with us at Art Journal Journey. Needless to say, I LOVE IT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful page and I love the heart; its design is charming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you used the canvas page adding the beautiful heart, it gave me a happy comforting feeling when I saw this today. Thank you for linking with us all at Art Journal Journey.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Alison ---- Mixed Media at its best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful journal!!! Wonderful is this design !!!
    Greetings Elke

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sure is a happy heart Alison. I have not tried working on a canvas page but I have painted on t-shirts and such like. I really fancy painting (or trying to) on some sacking, quite open weave stuff.
    Love how you have painted one heart inside another until you get to the words 'Be still my beating heart' and have finished the background with so much interest.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just lovely. I like the unusual colour combinations here, subtle and colourful too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous heart (or should I say hearts?)....really fabulous!! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simply stunning! I love the heart that you created and it looks so amazing against the fabric background that you created - perfect 😁. Happy wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.