Friday 4 October 2019

October Art Journal Calendar

Hello Everyone! Happy October!

I've been getting back to normal after returning from visiting our daughter in Germany. She is doing a 4 month placement, working for Rolls Royce in Friedrichshafen. As it is near the Swiss and Austrian borders, we went there too, and also Liechtenstein. Lots of lovely mountain hikes, beers and Wiener schitzel!

My Mum and Dad came also, and here's me with my daughter and Mum, up the mountain in Bregenz. I braved a gondola! Lots of people, so very claustrophic for me.


And now here is my October calender spread...


I used a small circular Gel Press plate, with acrylic paint and a skeleton leaf, to create the background.


I painted on the journaling leaves, and the black wording and outlines were made with my glass dip pen and Bombay India Ink. Doesn't the skeleton leaf create a beautiful leaf pattern?!




Hope you all have a wonderful weekend,

Alison xox

12 comments:

  1. Wow such a beautiful calendar spread! I just love the colours and leaves. Great contrasts with the black!
    Sounds like you had a super trip.Wow!
    Happy weekend and happy October and thank you very much for joining AJJ
    dear Alison!
    Hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful journal/calendar spread, love the colours. Glad you had such a great time over here, have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought you'd been quiet, but what a fantastic trip to take. Love the calendar page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look a happy family group 😍
    Love the colours and patterns of your beautiful calendar page.
    Happy weekend 🌺

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful calendar page, Alison! Yes, the skeleton leaf stamp is beautiful and so are your little fishes for each day. Great photo of the three of you too.

    Thank you for joining us at AJJ for my dream theme. Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful picture of you all Alison a real treasure. The views are amazing. Well done on braving the gondola. Love the leaf print makes me miss my pre-school teaching days as we had such fun this term with Autumn & Winter themes. Happy October & enjoy your family time, it's very precious.
    Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! So pleased for Beth. What an exciting time. Lovely photos of you all. Looks like the weather was lovely. Fabulous pages Ali. Have a fun filled weekend. Hugs Flo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet that was a fun visit. It's nice even your parents could come along. And that is one of the perks of having kids take jobs/internships away. You get to go there and visit them. nice calendar too! Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous calendar pages Alison, the colours are lovely.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous calendar papges love all the leaf prints-great photo of you all and look at that view!
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely photo! Yes I 'm looking forward to kicking some leaves and this calendar page is. fabulous! Chrisxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a great trip to a wonderful part of the world - what a view! - and you can't beat a good Wienerschnitzel (it's our Christmas dinner - we like it better than turkey). Love your calendar pages - the leafy days are lovely.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.