Monday 30 September 2019

Birgit's Gel Printing Challenge - Week 4 and beyond

Hello Everyone! I back to share my remaining monoprints for Birgit Koopsen's Instagram challenge.

Day 22 - Monochromatic



Day 23 - Patterned Paper


The great thing about patterned paper, is that it sometimes gives you an image resist. Can you spot the little flower on the patterned paper, from a previous print?


Day 24 - Circles. Always a favourite...so many prints!



This print was made with multiple mops ups from previous days.


Day 25 - Wax Crayons. Draw a design with crayons onto paper, pressing hard to get a thick layer. Use acrylic paint on your gel plate to print on your design, then once the paint is dry, scrape the paint off where the wax is. Hard on the hands this one! Gave me crampy hands!


Day 26 - Recycle




Day 27 - Burlap/Hessian. The loose strands are great to use too.


Day 28 - Vaseline. Lovely and messy, but fun results!


Day 29 - Embossing Folders. I have a tonne of these that don't get much use these days, so great for my gel printing.


And finally, Day 30 - Type/Text. I did some image resist with magazine pages and newspaper, and also stamped onto the gel plate with text stamps.

Magazine page...


Newspaper...


Text stamps...


I have a wonderfully large selection of prints now, and I can't wait to use them in my art. I may just frame some of my favourites!

Thanks for visiting,

Alison xox

10 comments:

  1. Nice. You look like you've had lot of fun making these prints! Happy new week. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Alison, they are totally fabulous. You are the queen of Gelli prints, that's for sure - what a super variety! Have a great week, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW fabulous selection of prints really love the pattern and vibrant pink on the first one
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG - a fantastic arry of creative papers!
    Happy October Alison!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A brilliant collection of prints, looking forward to seeing what you do with them.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! I knew I would have lots of lovely prints to catch up on here, but you're really spoiling us with this collection. Fabulous papers.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing number of prints you created. I'm so impressed. I wish I loved my gelli as much as you love yours. I think the recycle day is my favorite, but I love using recycled materials. Thanks for sharing these and giving me ideas in case I decide to get my gelli out one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! The monochrome prints look amazing and I love the vintage look of the newspaper page too 😀. Wishing you a wonderful October! Happy Friday and weekend! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super duper prints Ali. Looks like you have been have lots on painty fun. Hugs Flo xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's great to see your gelli prints - I really enjoyed making mine but just never got the chance to blog them! Hopefully with two funerals over there will be more time to get things done! I'm sorry not to have visited much lately but will continue my catch up another time! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.